MSA Seminar Feb 18-19 Ridge Soaring the Appalachians

Old January 11th 12, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J9

Default MSA Seminar Feb 18-19 Ridge Soaring the Appalachians

The Mifflin Soaring Association (MSA) will hold its first seminar,
Ridge Soaring the Appalachians, 18-19 February 2012, Mifflin County
Airport, Reedsville PA.

The Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning seminar is targeted toward
beginning soaring pilots with some cross country and ridge experience.
Presenters include: John Good, Richard Kellerman, Baude Litt, John
Seymour, and Karl Striedieck.

Due to facility constraints we are limited to 25 attendees, but space
is still available.

For more information, contact Iris Striedieck at: striedieck "at" psu
"dot" edu
Old January 11th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Will there be a video ?
Surely lost of folks who cannot attend would be interested...
Old January 12th 12, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J9

Sorry Dave, we will not be producing a video of this historic
event...But there's still room, come on down!

Old January 12th 12, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary[_5_]

On Jan 10, 10:11*pm, J9 wrote:
The Mifflin Soaring Association (MSA) will hold its first seminar,
Ridge Soaring the Appalachians, 18-19 February 2012, Mifflin County
Airport, Reedsville PA.

The Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning seminar is targeted toward
beginning soaring pilots with some cross country and ridge experience.
Presenters include: John Good, Richard Kellerman, Baude Litt, John
Seymour, and Karl Striedieck.

Due to facility constraints we are limited to 25 attendees, but space
is still available.

For more information, contact Iris Striedieck at: striedieck "at" psu
"dot" edu

Haven't flown the ridge for a few years but possibly might come to
refresh.....Contact info?
Gary Adams GB
Old January 12th 12, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Jan 10, 10:11*pm, J9 wrote:

The Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning seminar is targeted toward
beginning soaring pilots with some cross country and ridge experience.

Let me know when you get to the really advanced topics:

1. Proper thigh slapping / hootin' / hollerin' technique for best
cruising speed.

2. Home recipes for Whoopass (hydration fluid of glider champions).

3. How to fly through the trees and only lose half your horizontal
tail. (Hey, I don't even see the Terrible Dactyl on the faculty!)

4. 19 juggling exercises to practice after a landout.

5. The all important "Cold Front Come Hither" incantation and dance.

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old January 14th 12, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

On Jan 12, 12:06*pm, T8 wrote:
On Jan 10, 10:11*pm, J9 wrote:

The Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning seminar is targeted toward
beginning soaring pilots with some cross country and ridge experience.

Let me know when you get to the really advanced topics:

1. *Proper thigh slapping / hootin' / hollerin' technique for best
cruising speed.

2. *Home recipes for Whoopass (hydration fluid of glider champions).

3. *How to fly through the trees and only lose half your horizontal
tail. *(Hey, I don't even see the Terrible Dactyl on the faculty!)

4. *19 juggling exercises to practice after a landout.

5. *The all important "Cold Front Come Hither" incantation and dance.

-Evan Ludeman / T8

Such a comedian. I need lessons on all of these. Unfortunately, that
is a weekend that I have a previous engagement and can no make the
seminar, otherwise it would probably be worth a roadtrip.

Maybe I will even get my glider out and fly this spring on the ridges.

Todd
3S

Ridge Soaring? Walt Connelly Soaring 28 February 3rd 11 02:00 AM
2011 Performance Soaring Seminar and Colorado Soaring Awards BravoCharlie Soaring 0 December 30th 10 05:06 PM
Ridge Soaring, PA, USA Accident [email protected][_2_] Soaring 2 July 16th 07 08:49 PM
Colorado Soaring Pilots/SSA Governor 2007 Seminar and 2006 Soaring Awards Banquet Frank Whiteley Soaring 0 February 15th 07 05:52 PM
A fine ridge day in PA - the Ridge Soaring Irregulars ride again QT Soaring 0 April 6th 06 04:01 PM