Fai/Ssa Badge and record guide. Mind boggling

Old April 10th 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greggy

Default Fai/Ssa Badge and record guide. Mind boggling

Gents,

I am totally confused and apparently need to be an attorney to figure
out what records to claim for a recent pilot flight from Blairstown,
NJ.

I'm currently reading the SSA badge and record guide that I downloaded
from a link on the SSA web page, I can not understand this babble.
Does anyone have a simple explanation of how many records can be
claimed in one flight?

GL

Old April 10th 12, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

you can claim as many state or national records as you qualify for for any given flight. See 6.2: http://ssa.org/files/member/USN&StateRules2010_ver1.pdf

Old April 10th 12, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

On Apr 10, 2:29*pm, Greggy wrote:
Gents,

I am totally confused and apparently need to be an attorney to figure
out *what records to claim for a recent pilot flight from Blairstown,
NJ.

I'm currently reading the SSA badge and record guide that I downloaded
from a link on the SSA web page, I can not understand this babble.
Does anyone have a simple explanation of how many records can be
claimed in one flight?

GL

Try reading it before you start drinking.

Todd
3S
Old April 10th 12, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Leslie[_2_]

At 19:04 10 April 2012, toad wrote:
On Apr 10, 2:29=A0pm, Greggy wrote:
Gents,

I am totally confused and apparently need to be an attorney to figure
out =A0what records to claim for a recent pilot flight from Blairstown,
NJ.

I'm currently reading the SSA badge and record guide that I downloaded
from a link on the SSA web page, I can not understand this babble.
Does anyone have a simple explanation of how many records can be
claimed in one flight?

GL

Try reading it before you start drinking.

Todd
3S

Todd, did you wright it??? lol

Old April 11th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

On Apr 10, 6:49*pm, Gregg Leslie wrote:
At 19:04 10 April 2012, toad wrote:

On Apr 10, 2:29=A0pm, Greggy *wrote:
Gents,

I am totally confused and apparently need to be an attorney to figure
out =A0what records to claim for a recent pilot flight from Blairstown,
NJ.

I'm currently reading the SSA badge and record guide that I downloaded
from a link on the SSA web page, I can not understand this babble.
Does anyone have a simple explanation of how many records can be
claimed in one flight?

GL

Try reading it before you start drinking.

Todd
3S

Todd, did you wright it??? lol

No, but it's no more complicated than the FARs. And we know, that you
understand those...
Old April 11th 12, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hretting

Assuming you wish to submit for a record as your opening thread reads
and not a badge claim, first print out copies of the official form.
Familiarize yourself with this form, but first have family members
hide sharp objects and anything 'loaded' (not you of course).
Now, does the state that you started your flight FROM have a state
record keeper? Yes...wake his ass up and allow him to earn his
volunteer keep by ushering you thru the process.
They love this stuff.
If No.....would you like to be a State Record Keeper? Yes, people step
aside and allow you to pick out your dried chicken first at the
monthly B.B.Q. The respect is endless.
The trick is to take it slowly and fill in the form.
All of this is pointless if you are unable to cut, paste , and copy.
Maybe your SSA Official Observer is smarter than you and can help,
though mine was serving time and I had to forge his name
You were able to find all the existing records, right?