Plane crashes into tree

Old December 8th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default Plane crashes into tree

"Ron Lee" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/ymqbj9

Apparently lost power when attempting nightime touch n goes last night
around 530 PM at Meadow Lake airport (00V). Pilot walked away from
the aircraft with no apparent serious injuries.

That is one of the strangest crash pictures I have ever seen. One lucky hombre.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 8th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Morgans posted:

"Ron Lee" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/ymqbj9

Apparently lost power when attempting nightime touch n goes last
night around 530 PM at Meadow Lake airport (00V). Pilot walked away
from the aircraft with no apparent serious injuries.

That is one of the strangest crash pictures I have ever seen. One
lucky hombre.

I particularly liked the "Learn to fly here" sign.

Neil

Old December 8th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

I'm beginning to wonder: What happens to most airframes? Do they end
up in a scrap yard after years of faithful service, or are they
destroyed or damaged beyond repair by an accident, or what? And how
many owners does the average GA plane have over its lifetime? And how
long is the average life expectancy for GA planes? This one was
nearly forty years old.

Old December 8th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Ron Lee" wrote

http://tinyurl.com/ymqbj9

Apparently lost power when attempting nightime touch n goes last night
around 530 PM at Meadow Lake airport (00V). Pilot walked away from
the aircraft with no apparent serious injuries.

That is one of the strangest crash pictures I have ever seen. One lucky
hombre.
--

Very lucky, I wonder if he thought the road was the runway up until the last
minute? Also, the "Learn to Fly Here" sign in the background is a nice

Old December 8th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug[_1_]

I guess that guy is still learning :-)

Old December 8th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

That is one of the strangest crash pictures I have ever seen. One lucky
hombre.
--
Jim in NC

You think that's strange?
Check this one out: http://www.aviatordave.com/flight_school.htm

David - KGSP

Old December 8th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder: What happens to most airframes?

They end up on "Mythbusters"
Old December 8th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"FLAV8R" wrote in message
That is one of the strangest crash pictures I have ever seen. One lucky
hombre.
--
Jim in NC

You think that's strange?
Check this one out: http://www.aviatordave.com/flight_school.htm

David - KGSP

To bad that one has been altered. It is really at a Florida bar.

Here's the unaltered photo.

http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/0480799/L/

The tag line reads.

N3547R "Too low on finals again Hoskins" !!! - located at a nightclub on the
east side of Hwy 441/92 (Orange Blossom Trail) north of the Florida Mall and
south of I-4.

Old December 8th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"FLAV8R" wrote:
You think that's strange?
Check this one out: http://www.aviatordave.com/flight_school.htm

David - KGSP

That's a pretty good Photoshop job.
The accident report cites "mismanagement of fuel" and
"COMPLETE*POWER*LOSS*-*COMPLETE*ENGINE*FAILURE/
FLAMEOUT-1*ENGINE EMERGENCY*CIRCUMSTANCES*-*
FORCED*LANDING*OFF*AIRPORT*ON*LAND
REMARKS-*SIGHT-SEEING*FLT. L*WING*HIT*SIGN*ON*GOLF*
DRIVING*RANGE. WND*GSTG*15KTS."
Old December 8th 06, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

Check this one out: http://www.aviatordave.com/flight_school.htm

That's gotta be a prop, not a real crash at that location.

Jose
--
"There are 3 secrets to the perfect landing. Unfortunately, nobody knows
what they are." - (mike).