Drunk pilots

Old December 10th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Drunk pilots

If an aircraft is taxiing out from the ramp and controllers notice
that the pilot sounds obviously drunk, what can be done? In a car,
the cops can pull him over, but what do you do when a drunken pilot is
taxiing out for take-off? What do you do if he's already in the air?
And how does handling the situation differ between private pilots and
pilots transporting passengers for hire (such as airline pilots).

I know the FAA has occasionally pulled airline pilots off a plane when
they are drunk (apparently they have to wait until the pilot does
something that clearly demonstrates his intention to fly), but I
presume that someone or something tips them off in advance. What if
they don't find out about it in advance?

Old December 10th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

If an aircraft is taxiing out from the ramp and controllers notice

PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

This question is easily researchable and doesn't require real pilots
experiences.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allen
Old December 10th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jon Kraus

Hey Allen - Don't waste your breath here. I can think of at least 2
people who "feel sorry" for him and will answer the troll call.

I have found the best procedure is to not even answer to any of the
threads he initiates nor directly respond to any of his posts.

It is CAVU here in Indiana today... how about Mississippi?

Jon

A Lieberma wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Old December 10th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Jon Kraus wrote:
Hey Allen - Don't waste your breath here. I can think of at least 2
people who "feel sorry" for him and will answer the troll call.

I have found the best procedure is to not even answer to any of the
threads he initiates nor directly respond to any of his posts.

It is CAVU here in Indiana today... how about Mississippi?

Jon

A Lieberma wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

If an aircraft is taxiing out from the ramp and controllers notice

PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

This question is easily researchable and doesn't require real pilots
experiences.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Allen

CAVU here in Montana too. I just might stay sober and go flying today.
:)

--Walt

Old December 10th 06, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jon Kraus

Funny.... I thought it was always CAVU in Big Sky country... :-) I love
it out there..

Jon

Old December 10th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Does anyone know of a good place to eat in Dothan, AL near the a/p?
Any BBQ maybe?

Old December 10th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

Jon Kraus wrote in :

It is CAVU here in Indiana today... how about Mississippi?

CAVU except for cirrus clouds I will never top.

I am looking for some benign IMC time so I can maintain my IFR currency, can you send me some?

Heck, even flew 3 XC's this week, flew high and mighty and not even a volkswagan size cloud to be found. Not that this would keep my IFR current, but any IMC time is better then none :-)

Got to experience high performance numbers in my Slowdowner :-)

Check out

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N.../KHBG/tracklog

Allen
Old December 10th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Y'know, that used to be true, but three weeks ago I bought a brand new
12" dobsonian telescope and it's been cloudy around here ever since.
Darn thing's been sitting here in my office while I wait for the
weather to clear up.

Tonight may be the night. :)

--Walt

Old December 10th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Newps

Jon Kraus wrote:

Funny.... I thought it was always CAVU in Big Sky country... :-) I love
it out there..

The western part of the state is a lot like the midwest in terms of the
sky. Lots of overcast and dreary days. Places like Missoula and Kalispell.
Old December 10th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Walt

Newps wrote:
Jon Kraus wrote:

Funny.... I thought it was always CAVU in Big Sky country... :-) I love
it out there..

The western part of the state is a lot like the midwest in terms of the
sky. Lots of overcast and dreary days. Places like Missoula and Kalispell.

Yeah, being a Bobcat fan I've always found Missoula to be a pretty
dreary place. :)

Fun place to fly into though if you're coming from Bozeman. Just follow
I-90, skim the hills just east of town, fly over Grizzlie Stadium, and
you're set up for a straight-in to 29 at KMSO. With tower approval, of
course.

--Walt

The SSA-OLC KM Soaring 65 October 4th 06 02:00 AM
The allure of the skies beckons wannabe pilots. N9NWO Piloting 0 March 8th 05 08:58 PM
Older Pilots and Safety Bob Johnson Soaring 5 May 21st 04 01:08 AM