Flying Gloves

Old February 13th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

Default Flying Gloves

On Feb 12, 5:22 am, "Neil" wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight, but good "grip" gloves
for use when gliding, that would be available in or from the UK?

I use a pair of "Canondale" brand gloves made for bicycling that work
great!

Randy "AV8"

Old February 15th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neil

thanks for the good advice, all!

Neil

Old February 27th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Hart

Neil wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight, but good "grip" gloves
for use when gliding, that would be available in or from the UK?

Last (Australian) winter I went to Cooma to fly the wave. This meant
equipping myself with cold weather gear (for heights above 20,000ft I
hoped - unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and we only had one
day of wave to 13,500ft).

Be that as it may, the cold weather gear worked out well, including some
interesting gloves.

These were ski gloves that had the fingers ungloved, but there was a
mitt that folded over to cover the fingers when needed (and held back
out of the way with velcro. I purchased a pair of inner gloves (very
thin cotton) that I wore under these gloves and they worked really well.

In fact at only 13,500ft in bright sunshine I had to take off my
balacva, keep the gloves folded back and open the air vent - I also
wished I could turn off the chemical foot warmers!

--
Robert Hart
+61 (0)438 385 533
Old February 28th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My favorite are the gloves's Gary wears:
Light white cotton gardening gloves with
little flowers printed on them !

Old February 28th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jerome

Robert Hart a écrit:
Neil wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for lightweight, but good "grip"
gloves for use when gliding, that would be available in or from the UK?

Last (Australian) winter I went to Cooma to fly the wave. This meant
equipping myself with cold weather gear (for heights above 20,000ft I
hoped - unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and we only had one
day of wave to 13,500ft).

Be that as it may, the cold weather gear worked out well, including some
interesting gloves.

These were ski gloves that had the fingers ungloved, but there was a
mitt that folded over to cover the fingers when needed (and held back
out of the way with velcro. I purchased a pair of inner gloves (very
thin cotton) that I wore under these gloves and they worked really well.

There are also thin silk gloves which are very warm. you can wear them
under ski gloves: I used them for my Gold an Diamond altitudes (up to
24,000ft in winter over the Pyrenes mountains in Spain, the temperature
inside the glider was -30°C)

Flying gloves RobsSanta Piloting 23 January 20th 05 12:38 PM
Flying Magazine's Instrument Flying 1973 Steven P. McNicoll Instrument Flight Rules 16 January 12th 04 04:50 PM
Flying Magazine's Instrument Flying 1973 Steven P. McNicoll Aviation Marketplace 9 January 4th 04 03:24 AM
Flying Magazine's Instrument Flying 1973 Steven P. McNicoll General Aviation 9 January 4th 04 03:24 AM
FA: WEATHER FLYING: A PRACTICAL BOOK ON FLYING The Ink Company Aviation Marketplace 0 November 5th 03 01:07 AM