Mig-29 questions & general aviation questions 2003

Old October 20th 03, 12:53 AM
Steven

Default Mig-29 questions & general aviation questions 2003

Hello everyone
I prety new at this and I'm not a pilot so let me try again.
1. Does anybody know of any air force that has had the SMT upgrades
done? And if you could attach a link.

2. If India can produce Mig-29's themselves why haven't upgraded all
of their?

3. Does Russia have the means to produce the new D-33k engin and other
spare parts for their Mig-29 Fulcrums or if there's no Su-27/30/33/35
in the name , it's over?

4. Can anybody tell me which air force trains more (pilots-ground
crews) Peru or Chile.

5. I know the cost are much higher but if Peru had the money should
they buy Fulcrums or more Mirage 2000's ? Since the US won't sell
them advance jet aircraft. I think Peru has 10 Mirage 2000-P and 18
Mig-29's - (15 A models & 3 SE models)

6. For a country like Peru would it be a better investment to buy more
Su-25 maybe the more advance 39 model and retire their Su-20/22 or
upgrade their Mirage 5 to 50 standards?

7. What would it cost to upgrade a Mirage 2000-P to full 5 standards?
No spare parts or training.

8. If pilots skills were even how would Ecuador's Kfir c-7 hold up
against a Mirage 2000 or Mig-29? Say each aircraft were under 10,000
feet and 20 miles from each other. Both fighter just refueled and are
close to friendly base to land.

9. Has anybody trained with either the Peruvain or Ecuadorian air
force and can tell me anything about them it would be helpful.

I posted before asking about Mig-29SMT and somebody put in a section
of 1998 posts. I read everything and been to that web site before. I
was looking for more current information but thanks anyway. Thanks in
advance, Steven
Old October 20th 03, 06:06 AM
machf

I'm forwarding your posts to a friend who is better informed than me, but I
think he went to visit an air force base this weekend and thus hasn't replied
yet... I suppose he'll be back by tomorrow.

--
__________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying