You betcha!

Old June 15th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default You betcha!

Two Minnesotans walk into a pet shop near Brainerd. They head to the
bird section and Sven says to Ole, "Dat's dem."

The owner comes over and asks if he can help them.

"Yah sure, ve'll take four of dem dere little budgies in dat cage up
dere", says Sven.

The owner puts the budgies in a paper bag.

Ole and Sven pay for the birds, leave the shop and get into Sven's
pick-up and drive to the top of some big cliffs near Brainerd Lake. At
the cliffs, Sven looks down at the 1000 foot drop and says, "Dis looks
like a grand place."

He takes two birds out of the bag, puts them on his shoulders and
jumps off the cliff. Ole watches as Sven falls all the way to the
bottom, killing himself dead.

Looking down at the remains of his best pal, Ole shakes his head and
says, "By yumpin' yiminy, dis budgie yumping is too dangerous for me."

VAIT!!! Dere's MORE!

Moments later, Knute, who's been to the pet shop too, arrives at the
cliffs. He walks up to the edge of the cliff carrying another paper
bag and a shotgun.

"Hey, Ole, Vatch dis", Knute says. He takes a parrot from the bag and
throws himself over the edge of the cliff. Ole watches as half way
down,

Knute takes the gun and shoots the parrot and continues to plummet
down and down until he hits the bottom and breaks every bone in his
body.

Ole shakes his head and says, "And I'm never trying dat parrotshooting
either."

BUT VAIT!!! Dere's MORE, you betcha!!

Ole is just getting over the shock of losing two friends when Larsen
appears. He's also been to the pet shop and is carrying a paper bag
and pulls out a chicken. Larsen grasps the chicken by the legs, holds
it over his head, and hurls himself off the cliff and disappears down
and down and hits a rock and breaks his spine.

Once more Ole shakes his head.... "First der was Sven with his budgie
yumping, den Knute parrotshooting, and now Larsen...I ain't never
gonna try hengliding either!!!!"

And, now...go have a good day, you betcha'!
Old June 15th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Bob Fry wrote:
Ole and Sven pay for the birds, leave the shop and get into Sven's
pick-up and drive to the top of some big cliffs near Brainerd Lake. At
the cliffs, Sven looks down at the 1000 foot drop

By yimminy I think yur pulling our legs - thar ain't no 1000 foot cliffs
near there! Highest cliff in MiniSota is Palisade Head on the nord shore of
Lake Superior, and it's only maybe 200 feet. But hengliding off that'll
kill you dead - you betcha!