FS: Grumman AA1A 150hp

Old July 8th 04, 04:01 PM
Brad

Default FS: Grumman AA1A 150hp

Price: $27,500

1972 AA1A, N553H, s/n 0295, approx 3,100 TT

Engine: O320 A2A with about 830 SMOH (since around 1993 when the 150
hp upgrade was done)
Recent oil analysis shows no problems. No leaks. Uses about a quart
in 7-8 hours. Mogas STC (rarely used).

Paint: very good (8). Maybe a little peeling/chips on the bottom of
the fairings. I think it was painted around 1993 and seems to have
been hangared since then. (I've owned it for 2 years).

Interior: varies from a '5' to a '9'… depending which piece of plastic
you're looking at. Most of it's pretty good and some (such as the
center console) has been repainted and has new decals. Eyebrow is
good, panel is average. Glass is excellent, as are the upper & rear
luggage area panels. Lower luggage panels are bad. Seat fabric is
pretty good (no tears), but the foam is a little worn & flattened
inside the seats. Carpet is good; just needs some velcro to stick it
to the floor.

Wheel Pants: Front is new and mains are in good shape, except that
one has patching and body filler under the paint.

Tires: Front is very good, mains are new.

Avionics:

TKM MX300VG: digital nav/comm with integrated ILS (I have the
glideslope receiver, but haven't installed it)
Narco AT150 Transponder (mode c reads 200' low)
SoftComm stereo intercom with music input/recorder output
JPI FS-450 Fuel Flow with 1/8" jack wired for GPS interface

Landing Gear: nose strut recently pulled, inspected and repainted.
Mains: good shape.

Damage History: As far as I know… left wing had a leading edge dent
back in the 70's… properly repaired. I had a birdstrike last December
on the right wing… also properly repaired.

Maintenance: I use a great A&P/IA who pays attention to detail,
complies with AD's, etc. Last annual was completed a couple months
ago.

I've tried to mention any negative's I can think of. It really is a
great looking and flying airplane that I don't want to part with; but
it looks like I'll have a good opportunity to upgrade to a nice
four-place that'd work much better for my needs. Wish I could afford
both, since there aren't many planes that fly as nice as the Grumman
2-seaters.

Photo's are at:

http://www.vision-technology.com/Plane/

Plane is based in Mandan, ND. Y19

I'd consider delivering for expenses depending on location and my
schedule.

Any questions, just let me know.

Brad Kramer
701-527-1950

Reply to: brad@vision-technology (add .com at the end)
Old July 9th 04, 05:21 AM
BTIZ

looks like a nice enough airplane... but it would "sell" better if the
pictures were resized.. 500-600KB picture files are large for some slow
speed internet users.. and if they were at least labeled other than
"imagenumber.jpg", or organized in a web page..

BT

om...