Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

Old August 30th 19, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 07:15:26 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Don't you guys have zoning laws that say once an airport or cheese shop or whatever the land use was it has to stay that way forever? Thus keeping prices for old airfields reasonable?

Not in Germany.
Old August 30th 19, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 9:09:09 AM UTC-4, Scott Williams wrote:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 1:15:04 AM UTC-5, Paul T wrote:
At 13:30 29 August 2019, wrote:

=20
and Ridge Soaring has been on the 'for sale' market for how

long?=20
Seems to me you need to think of a plan to buy some of

these=20
properties up and establish non profit clubs at them -maybe a

'culture=20
change' is required in the US.

Problem is real estate prices. In the old days you could buy a big

enough
=
piece of property for a small enough amount of money to run a

soaring
opera=
tion as a hobby business. Perhaps SSA should do more fundraising
specifica=
lly for purchasing airports? Or spend the money lobbying the

gov't to
bu=
y airports for our use(only half joking.) The Hanggliding/PG crowd

spends
=
a bunch of their resources securing real estate. They've also
unfortunatel=
y had to go into the insurance business themselves, which is a

terrible
out=
come, but I understand they didn't have much choice.

Real estate prices are also high in Europe yet clubs still manage to
purchase airfields.......

I thought In Europe, soaring was, sponsored by goverments.
In this case Sponsored means subsidized with money.
Is this still true?

That's one of those long-standing myths! Heard that over and over again ...

Uli
'AS'
Old August 30th 19, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

At 14:15 30 August 2019, wrote:
On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 2:15:04 AM UTC-4, Paul T wrote:
At 13:30 29 August 2019,
wrote:

=3D20
and Ridge Soaring has been on the 'for sale' market for

how=20
long?=3D20
Seems to me you need to think of a plan to buy some of=20

these=3D20
properties up and establish non profit clubs at them -maybe

a=20
'culture=3D20
change' is required in the US.

Problem is real estate prices. In the old days you could buy a

big=20
enough
=3D
piece of property for a small enough amount of money to run

a=20
soaring
opera=3D
tion as a hobby business. Perhaps SSA should do more

fundraising
specifica=3D
lly for purchasing airports? Or spend the money lobbying

the=20
gov't to
bu=3D
y airports for our use(only half joking.) The Hanggliding/PG

crowd=20
spends
=3D
a bunch of their resources securing real estate. They've also
unfortunatel=3D
y had to go into the insurance business themselves, which is

a=20
terrible
out=3D
come, but I understand they didn't have much choice. =20

=20
Real estate prices are also high in Europe yet clubs still manage

to=20
purchase airfields.......

Don't you guys have zoning laws that say once an airport or

cheese shop or
=
whatever the land use was it has to stay that way forever? Thus

keeping
pr=
ices for old airfields reasonable? Not cheap, reasonable. Some

American
c=
lubs do buy their own airports but there is a difference between a

few
hund=
red thousand for a rural airport and a few million for the examples

we
have=
here.

Don't know where you heard that? In the Uk they are turning most
old airfields and some active ones into housing or industrial estates
-prime prices. One can always find excuses on ways not how to -
maybe some of those mega rich flyboys you have in the USA like
Tito could help out? I think Lasham was £1.5 million some years ago
when it was purchased.?

Old September 1st 19, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at 10:27:58 AM UTC-4, Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas wrote:
Just saw this advert in Barnstormers.com

The nicest gliderport in the USA in my opinion. The swimming pool makes it so.

http://www.floridaairparkhomes.com/p...-for-sale.html

Rich Owen: Please reply if anything about the advert is not true.

I was at Seminole today... Everything is packed nicely in the hangar, chairs are in, and waiting for the big one that will never come! See you there when Florida dries out!

Gary
SQ
Old September 1st 19, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Geez there’s a bunch of bitter trolls in this thread, who seem to be happy to slag of someone who can’t respond, but I guess that’s the American way. Truth and justice abandoned since the tangerine Nazi was elected.
Old September 1st 19, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 10:31:10 PM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Geez there’s a bunch of bitter trolls in this thread, who seem to be happy to slag of someone who can’t respond, but I guess that’s the American way. Truth and justice abandoned since the tangerine Nazi was elected.

Go be a dope somewhere else.
Old September 1st 19, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 10:31:10 PM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Geez there’s a bunch of bitter trolls in this thread, who seem to be happy to slag of someone who can’t respond, but I guess that’s the American way. Truth and justice abandoned since the tangerine Nazi was elected.

So, Trump did this? Who's the troll!
Old September 1st 19, 05:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 7:31:10 PM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Geez there’s a bunch of bitter trolls in this thread, who seem to be happy to slag of someone who can’t respond, but I guess that’s the American way. Truth and justice abandoned since the tangerine Nazi was elected.

Maybe YOU will want to "donate" THREE MILLION to a criminal - be my guest!