Engine monitors in singles vs. multiengine aircraft

Old February 23rd 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Engine monitors in singles vs. multiengine aircraft

Is there a particular reason why engine monitors would be useful in a
single-engine aircraft but not useful in a multiengine aircraft? I seem to
read about them only in connection with singles.
Old February 23rd 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Is there a particular reason why engine monitors would be useful in a
single-engine aircraft but not useful in a multiengine aircraft? I
seem to read about them only in connection with singles.

You are an idiot

Bertie
Old February 23rd 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You don't know **** from Shinola.

Old February 23rd 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John[_13_]

Then you don't read enough
..

Old February 23rd 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 23, 1:48*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Is there a particular reason why engine monitors would be useful in a
single-engine aircraft but not useful in a multiengine aircraft? *I seem to
read about them only in connection with singles.

What?????
Old February 24th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

My god, you don't know **** from shinola.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old February 24th 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

In the northern hemisphere they are most commonly usually used on
engines turning counterclockwise as seen from the front of the
aircraft on twins, and they are especially important above latitudes
35 degrees or so.

ref JIR 24, 137

..

..

Old February 24th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Allen[_1_]

--

"nobody" wrote in message

Is there a particular reason why engine monitors would be useful in a
single-engine aircraft but not useful in a multiengine aircraft? I seem

read about them only in connection with singles.

How long before MX posts that nobody knows the answer?

"You" didn't know the answer to this? Keep reading he will get to one you
know!

--
*H. Allen Smith*
WACO - We are all here, because we are not all there.

Old February 25th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JB

On Feb 23, 4:48*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Is there a particular reason why engine monitors would be useful in a
single-engine aircraft but not useful in a multiengine aircraft? *I seem to
read about them only in connection with singles.

The reason is that single engine aircraft, of course, have only one
engine. A multiengine aircraft has 2 or more engines. You would
either have to guess which engine to attach the monitor to, or install
a bank of switches to jump back and forth between monitoring the
various engines. I read somewhere that both configurations were
tried. Planes crashed because, inevitably, the monitor was always
attached to the engine that always worked fine (ha ha Murphy's Law) or
in the case of multiple switches, planes crashed because pilots became
disoriented flipping the switches or because they didn't keep both
hands on the wheel.

Engineers gave up so an engine monitor is no longer found on
multiengine aircraft.

--Jeff

Old February 25th 08, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Clark

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:40:35 -0800 (PST), JB wrote:

[...]

WTF?
http://www.jpinstruments.com/edm_twin.html

Please don't feed the troll.

Multi Engine & Time Building? Multiengine.net NW_PILOT Piloting 15 October 15th 05 12:05 AM
FS: 1996 "Aircraft Of The World: A Complete Guide" Binder Sheet Singles J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 May 27th 05 11:28 AM
FS: 1996 "Aircraft Of The World: A Complete Guide" Binder Sheet Singles J.R.Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 March 30th 05 11:19 AM
engine monitors Rosspilot Owning 21 January 1st 05 03:13 PM
FS: 1996 "Aircraft Of The World: A Complete Guide" Binder Sheet Singles J.R. Sinclair Aviation Marketplace 0 July 14th 04 07:34 AM