Kerry is a pilot?

Old January 25th 04, 10:34 PM
Henry Kisor

Imagine again, Jim. A Reuters poll today had Kerry leading Bush 48 to 45 per
cent (the rest undecided) if the election was held tomorrow. November's a
long way away, though.

"Jim Fisher" wrote in message
.. .
"Toks Desalu" wrote in message
There is no way to recognize what kind of plane, but it is definitely a

low
wing.

Well, there's at least one redeeming quality. However, I think he's
probably a highwinger in drag. I just can't imagine him in the

Whitehouse
at this moment in history any more than I could imagine Algore there.

--
Jim Fisher

Old January 25th 04, 10:44 PM
Blue Thunder

I was watching MSNBC recently and learned that John Kerry,
a democrat, is a certified pilot,

--snip--

Are any of the other candidates currently or formerly pilots?

Clark
Dean
Edwards
Kucinich
LaRouche
Lieberman
Sharpton
Others?

(John F. Kennedy, Jr., at one time a potential democratic candidate
for almost any office, was a pilot, too. He and his wife died in a
plane crash off of Cape Cod (MA) in 1999.)

--
Sent by xanadoof from yahoo part from com
Old January 25th 04, 10:55 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Blue Thunder" wrote in message
u...
I was watching MSNBC recently and learned that John Kerry,
a democrat, is a certified pilot,

--snip--

Are any of the other candidates currently or formerly pilots?

Clark
Dean
Edwards
Kucinich
LaRouche
Lieberman
Sharpton
Others?

(John F. Kennedy, Jr., at one time a potential democratic candidate
for almost any office, was a pilot, too. He and his wife died in a
plane crash off of Cape Cod (MA) in 1999.)

He shouldn't have been thinking about running for Senator from NY in 2000.

Old January 25th 04, 11:27 PM
Pilot Bob

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message
news
Not everyone. Not my a long shot. While he did seem to shirk some
responsibilities, the record is not quite clear on exactly what

happened.
However, he *was* a youngun. I might have done a stupid thing or twenty

in
my younger years, too.

It is impossible to be AWOL from the National Guard, as drill attendance

was
optional.

Call it whatever you want. The fact is that, using his father's connections,
he got placed in the National Guard to avoid the Vietnam draft and even then
did not have the balls to meet his commitment. Now that may not mean much to
you, but to me it says a whole lot about character.

Old January 25th 04, 11:32 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Pilot Bob" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message
news
Not everyone. Not my a long shot. While he did seem to shirk some
responsibilities, the record is not quite clear on exactly what

happened.
However, he *was* a youngun. I might have done a stupid thing or

twenty in
my younger years, too.

It is impossible to be AWOL from the National Guard, as drill attendance

was
optional.

Call it whatever you want. The fact is that, using his father's

connections,
he got placed in the National Guard to avoid the Vietnam draft and even

then
did not have the balls to meet his commitment.

There were open slots in the ANG in Texas, for anyone elidgeable. When GW's
F-102 unit changed over to a new airplane, there was no way they were going
to pay to retrain a short timer. GW's job would have been to sit at a desk
doing nothing.

Now that may not mean much to
you, but to me it says a whole lot about character.

You telling a lie tells me something about your character, but I fail to see
how that reflects on anyone else.

Old January 25th 04, 11:36 PM
Roger Long

Not only that, he used his father's connections to become President and
avoid having to get a real job after being Governor of Texas.
--
Roger Long

Old January 26th 04, 12:11 AM
John Gaquin

"Henry Kisor" wrote in message

....A Reuters poll today had Kerry leading Bush 48 to 45 per
cent (the rest undecided) if the election was held tomorrow. November's a
long way away, though.

This is pretty typical during an "out party" primary. All we've had on the
news for the last 4-6 weeks, and for the next 4-6 weeks, is nothing but
Democrat ads and speakers. There's a natural response to that showing in
the polls. It will melt back to reality as soon as coverage evens out once
again.

Old January 26th 04, 12:22 AM
Pilot Bob

"John Gaquin" wrote in message

"Henry Kisor" wrote in message

....A Reuters poll today had Kerry leading Bush 48 to 45 per
cent (the rest undecided) if the election was held tomorrow. November's

long way away, though.

This is pretty typical during an "out party" primary. All we've had on

the
news for the last 4-6 weeks, and for the next 4-6 weeks, is nothing but
Democrat ads and speakers. There's a natural response to that showing in
the polls. It will melt back to reality as soon as coverage evens out

once

However, that showing is very atypical for the days following a State of The
Union address. I think the Bush message is no longer resonating with the
public. Bush has always been big on talk but small on results.

Old January 26th 04, 01:06 AM
Bob Fry

"Roger Long" om writes:

Not only that, he used his father's connections to become President and
avoid having to get a real job after being Governor of Texas.

Exactly. Without the connections Bush II would be a boozer mid-level
manager in some rinky-dink company in middle Texas.
Old January 26th 04, 01:18 AM
Tarver Engineering

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"Roger Long" om writes:

Not only that, he used his father's connections to become President and
avoid having to get a real job after being Governor of Texas.

Exactly. Without the connections Bush II would be a boozer mid-level
manager in some rinky-dink company in middle Texas.

Just another wild cat closer out of Midland.

Then again, where would Kerry be without catsup?