Why airplanes taxi

Old February 9th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Why airplanes taxi

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

terry writes:

The resistance is a function of the density of gas molecules not
pressure
density is related to pressure by
D=PM/RT
M=molecular wt
P=pressure
R=gas constant
T=temperature ( absolute )
ie the lower the temperature the higher the density
so what is the temperature in interestella space?

The classic gas laws only work when a volume of gas is contained.

N ope

Bertie
Old February 9th 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Clark writes:

... it's not fair to pick on the incompentent...

Are you being facetious?

Are you being a tit?

bertie
Old February 10th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

WingFlaps writes:

All the gas laves can be combined to:

PV=nRT and this is true everywhere. It's an energy equation and so can
be applied to any volume.

Set V to infinity (an unconfined gas) and solve for the rest.
Old February 10th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

It would take infinite amount of energy to accelerate any non-zero
mass to the speed of light.

On Feb 9, 12:37*am, wrote:
So, logically, spacecraft in the frictionless environment of outer space
should immediately accelerate to the speed of light.

Some haphazard math here.. if space is indeed entirely frictionless,
which I highly doubt, then to accelerate a body of weight 1kg (2.2
lbs) to the speed of light (using a constant force of 1N (or 1 m/sec2
acceleration) would require a distance of 4.5*(10^16) meters or about
45000000000000 km which is about 300 billion miles. The work done/
energy needed would be about 450 trillion joules.
The time needed to achieve this feat would be about 9.5 yrs.. so no
its not instantaneous

Old February 10th 08, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 10, 4:36*pm, Tina wrote:
It would take infinite amount of energy to accelerate any non-zero
mass to the speed of light.

Ah an oft stated idea but why? Is E not 0.5MC^2 ?

Where's the Ken when we need it?

Cheers
Old February 10th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

On Feb 10, 4:33*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
WingFlaps writes:
All the gas laves can be combined to:

PV=nRT and this is true everywhere. It's an energy equation and so can
be applied to any volume.

Set V to infinity (an unconfined gas) and solve for the rest.

n would then be infinite too for any existant gas density so you've
set up infinity=infinty. Such insight as you posses blinds me with its
brilliance.

Cheers

Old February 10th 08, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
WingFlaps wrote:

It would take infinite amount of energy to accelerate any non-zero
mass to the speed of light.

Ah an oft stated idea but why? Is E not 0.5MC^2 ?

reaching way way Way WAY back into college physics let's see if I remember
this correctly... because mass increases with velocity. If pressed, I may
even be able to find the formula in my quantum text.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old February 10th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
WingFlaps writes:

All the gas laves can be combined to:

PV=nRT and this is true everywhere. It's an energy equation and so can
be applied to any volume.

Set V to infinity (an unconfined gas) and solve for the rest.

Since there is no infinite volume, what would be the point?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old February 10th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It would take infinite amount of energy to accelerate any non-zero
mass to the speed of light.

True, I just wanted to stay within the realms of Newtonian mechanics
for simplicity because the poster seemed to imply that a body will
reach a velocity of c if there is no friction instantaneously..

yrb-49-taxi.jpg [email protected] Aviation Photos 2 September 25th 07 09:50 PM
Hanoi Taxi john smith Piloting 0 April 27th 06 03:48 AM
License To Taxi? SteveT Piloting 29 October 16th 05 04:57 PM
Leaning for taxi Jim Rosinski Piloting 28 September 12th 04 03:53 AM
taxi in reverse? [email protected] Owning 20 February 21st 04 12:26 AM