Florida Glider Safety Seminar

Old February 11th 14, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_12_]

Default Florida Glider Safety Seminar

The recent safety seminar at Jacksonville, Florida this past weekend was very successful, and we will conduct another one at Seminole Lake Gliderport on an up-coming, non-flying day.

It will be helpful if we have some idea how many will attend, so please send us an email to

The seminar is about 4 hours long and reviews long-term glider accident data bases to reveal the rather surprising major problem areas. How to prevent these common accidents is the primary goal.

Thanks
Tom Knauff
Old February 12th 14, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_12_]

Lots of interest for this event. Very positive comments from the recent Jacksonville clinic.

We will try to select a weekend with poor flying weather.
Probably begin at 10 AM.

Tom Knauff

Old February 12th 14, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Tom,

Thanks for investing your time in this problem. It is great of you to proactively offer to share your knowledge and insight on what is clearly the most important topic in the sport of gliding. I look forward to being there (although to be honest I would not be terribly upset if we flew 350 km tasks every day during the Seniors...)

Sincerely,

Sean
F2/7T