Pilot, possibly intoxicated, flies around Philly for 3 hours

Old January 16th 04, 01:23 PM
David Gunter

Default Pilot, possibly intoxicated, flies around Philly for 3 hours

Ugh!
-david

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/01/16/erratic.plane/index.html

or

http://snipurl.com/3v8l

(I prefer snipurl to other short-URL providers since one is never
directed to an advertisement but rather straight to the original link.)
--
Replace spam with david in the email address if you want to send email
to me personally.
Old January 16th 04, 02:48 PM
Peter R.

David Gunter ) wrote:

Ugh!
-david

I like this quote from the CNN article:

------------- start quote ------------------------------

Controllers at Philadelphia International Airport made radio contact with
the pilot and offered to clear him to land, but 'instead of landing, he
flew elsewhere,' Peters said.

------------- end quote --------------------------------

The couple of times I overheard someone bust class B airspace, the
controllers weren't in such a generous mood.

--
Peter

Old January 16th 04, 03:45 PM
Harry Gordon

I just saw the report on CNN Headline News. I'll say one thing for their
report - it wasn't sensationalized. They just reported the facts and then
went into their next story.

Nice job, CNN.

Harry
PP-ASEL

"Peter R." wrote in message
David Gunter ) wrote:

Ugh!
-david

I like this quote from the CNN article:

------------- start quote ------------------------------

Controllers at Philadelphia International Airport made radio contact with
the pilot and offered to clear him to land, but 'instead of landing, he
flew elsewhere,' Peters said.

------------- end quote --------------------------------

The couple of times I overheard someone bust class B airspace, the
controllers weren't in such a generous mood.

--
Peter

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old January 16th 04, 05:24 PM
Rosspilot

Nice job, CNN.

Hasn't hit Fox yet--they are still riveted to Michael Jackson :-)
www.Rosspilot.com

Old January 16th 04, 05:33 PM
Rosspilot

Nice job, CNN.

Hasn't hit Fox yet--they are still riveted to Michael Jackson :-)

Just hit Fox--they performed true-to-form.

"he even flew next to a nuclear power plant"

www.Rosspilot.com

Old January 16th 04, 07:48 PM
Kevin McCue

What else would you expect from "Faux News?"

--
Kevin McCue
KRYN

Old January 16th 04, 07:55 PM
G.R. Patterson III

"Peter R." wrote:

Controllers at Philadelphia International Airport made radio contact with
the pilot and offered to clear him to land, but 'instead of landing, he
flew elsewhere,' Peters said.

------------- end quote --------------------------------

The couple of times I overheard someone bust class B airspace, the
controllers weren't in such a generous mood.

CNN just did a little creative translation. It probably went more like "To the
idiot in the spam can over PHL, get your but down here immediately! And call the
tower."

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 17th 04, 01:34 AM
Robert M. Gary

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message ...
CNN just did a little creative translation. It probably went more like "To the
idiot in the spam can over PHL, get your but down here immediately! And call the
tower."

"but" ??? Isn't that a conjuction?
Old January 17th 04, 02:37 AM
John T

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote in message

The bottom line is that if the small
fields don't get a grip on REASONABLE security, one of these days
something bad is going to hb_men and there is going to be UNREASONABLE
over-reaction.

Can you define "reasonable security" for us?

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer