Me Too! Me Too!

Old March 3rd 04, 11:30 PM
Carl Orton

Default Me Too! Me Too!

Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

It's a '67 Skyhawk, 1570 hrs TTAF, 200 SMOH, with new (well, 2 yrs) Garmin
VFR stack. Pristine. Glossy original paint, and excellent original interior.
Ancillaries have been reworked in the past few years as well.

Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has been
mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...

Oh well;
Carl

Old March 3rd 04, 11:39 PM
PaulaJay1

In article , "Carl Orton"
writes:

Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

Second happiest day of you life!!

Congrats and many happy flights.

Chuck
Old March 3rd 04, 11:56 PM
Rosspilot

I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

It's a '67 Skyhawk

That's my baby, too :-)

Congratulations--happy flying!

www.Rosspilot.com

Old March 4th 04, 12:43 AM
Dave Buckles

Carl Orton wrote:
Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

By all means, infringe! Good news is best shared!

Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW

has been
mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

You don't have to tell me; I'm just up the way, on the correct side of
the Red River, in Norman.

2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...

Took me a couple of weeks to get mine, and another week to get the
aerials. Well worth the wait, though. (BTW, those who procrastinated
in looking at the pictures get to see them in a decent gallery, which I
wrote today at lunch, instead of just the meaningless list of filenames.)

Seeing as how you're local (for an airplane owner, anyway), we'll have
to do lunch sometime. Congrats on the new airplane!

--Dave

--
Dave Buckles

http://www.flight-instruction.com
Old March 4th 04, 02:45 AM
Jay Honeck

Well, Carl -- when you finally remember the camera, be sure to send me some
pix of your new bird for the "Rogue's Gallery" of rec.aviation aircraft and
their owners.

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm .

Send me your pix at .

Blue skies, and congrats!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 4th 04, 03:04 PM
Marco Rispoli

how much did you pay for it (if you don't mind me askin)?

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA
I SOLOed!! You can read my flight training diary at

Old March 4th 04, 04:34 PM
Jack Allison

Very nice Carl. Same bird I fly. Wish I could say I owned it...one of
these days I'll join the rank of owner.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old March 5th 04, 01:28 AM
bryan chaisone

"Carl Orton" wrote in message ...
Well, I didn't want to infringe upon Dave Buckles' time in the spotlight,
but I got my first plane on Monday the 1st.

It's a '67 Skyhawk, 1570 hrs TTAF, 200 SMOH, with new (well, 2 yrs) Garmin
VFR stack. Pristine. Glossy original paint, and excellent original interior.
Ancillaries have been reworked in the past few years as well.

Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has been
mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

2nd bummer is that in all of my excitement, I *still* don't have any
pictures of it! I keep forgetting the camera...

Oh well;
Carl

Congrats Carl! I'm still renting, can't justify owning yet. Someday soon...
:(.

Happy for you though! :)

Bryan
Old March 5th 04, 01:30 AM
bryan chaisone

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:aLw1c.33386$ko6.319824@attbi_s02...
Well, Carl -- when you finally remember the camera, be sure to send me some
pix of your new bird for the "Rogue's Gallery" of rec.aviation aircraft and
their owners.

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm .

Send me your pix at .

Blue skies, and congrats!

Hey Jay! I thought your Gallery was for Pilots or Owners, not Pilot
AND owners, so I submitted my pictures. Oh well, some day soon I'll
own one. Still renting... Boo hoo hoo... :(

Bryan
Old March 5th 04, 01:32 AM
John Galban

"Carl Orton" wrote in message ...
snip
Bummer is that aside from the test flight, weather here around DFW has been
mostly IFR so far. So I taxi'd it from one side of the airport to the other
side to my hangar, and there it's sat. :-(

No biggie. When I got my 1st plane, I had similar weather issues
after the test flight. That didn't stop me from going to the airport
to shine the windows, air up the tires, open the cowl and become
acquainted with the innards and mention to every passing stranger,
"Yep, it's mine!". It was almost as much fun as flying.

Congrats,

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)