European glider prices down

Old September 24th 05, 03:21 PM
Charles Yeates

Default European glider prices down

Since mid April the US$ has improved against the Euro thereby lowering
the price of a new european sailplane by 7.8%, saving thousands. For
example, a new PW-6 with instruments except radio, costs US$49,750.
Let's hope the ratio holds or improves more. It changes daily.
--
Charles Yeates

Swidnik PW-6U & PW-5
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/yeatesc/world.html

Old September 25th 05, 02:35 AM
Brad

yo............fadoodle..........here's your cue, don't be tardy, we all
love your predicatably lame posts regarding PW5/6
Brad

Old September 25th 05, 03:45 AM
bumper

"Brad" wrote in message
ps.com...
yo............fadoodle..........here's your cue, don't be tardy, we all
love your predicatably lame posts regarding PW5/6
Brad

Is this what's referred to as a "pre-emptive first strike"?

bumper

Old September 25th 05, 06:51 AM

Brad wrote:
yo............fadoodle..........here's your cue, don't be tardy, we all
love your predicatably lame posts regarding PW5/6
Brad

Well, I've actually never ridiculed the PW6, which for all I know is a
fine 2 seater in spite of it's resemblence to it's retarded older
brother. Now if the original post had bragged about the 'bargain'
price of a new PW5... well, even the dealer even seems too embarrased
to list the price of a new PW5 on his web site. My work here is done.

Old September 25th 05, 11:15 AM
Ruud

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:21:09 GMT, Charles Yeates
wrote:

Since mid April the US$ has improved against the Euro

Could be a "dead cat bounce" ;-)
Old September 29th 05, 05:13 PM
J.A.M.

Yeah, by the same ratio you can get a real glider.
Almost 50k, you can get a K21, or a Janus, or in single seat an ASW-27.
Beat this, PeeWees...

news

Old September 29th 05, 09:41 PM
GK

J.A.M. wrote:
Yeah, by the same ratio you can get a real glider.
Almost 50k, you can get a K21, or a Janus, or in single seat an ASW-27.
Beat this, PeeWees...

- Beat what?! 20 year old piece of s@##@t after couple of accidents
and in need of gel coat repair? And trade us a secret where can you
find Asw-27 for 50 grand, I'll buy two!! And "real" AS-k 21 has almost
identical performance as Pewee 6, nothing to beat here just dry facts...

Old September 29th 05, 11:13 PM
Charles Yeates

New is better than second hand ----

Old October 1st 05, 12:16 AM
Mark Lenox

I am a part owner in an ASK-21, it's an absolutely lovely ship. I think
you'd have a hard time finding one in halfway reasonable shape for $50k.

If you know sombody with a well equipped Janus that is willing ot sell it
for $50k, I'd like to speak with them. I am looking for one. Imports
from Europe are considerably more than that right now due to the exchange
rate, especially for a C model Janus.

Mark Lenox
CFIG
Chilhowee, TN

Old October 1st 05, 12:25 AM
TTaylor at cc.usu.edu

Second hand excellent quality is better than new low or medium quality.
I'll take a second hand BMW over a new KIA any day. Quality holds its
value in the long run.

Phoebus C glider and parts for sale - low prices Gerry Soaring 2 June 26th 09 01:21 PM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM
Restricting Glider Ops at Public Arpt. rjciii Soaring 36 August 25th 03 04:50 PM