auto fuel issues

Old November 15th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default auto fuel issues

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:33:44 -0600, Dave S
wrote:

rich wrote:
right now, avgas is running $2 more a gallon than premium car gas. And
from what I've read, premium auto gas doesn't contain ethonol.

Ethanol content may exist in premium autofuels. There is no systematic
guarantee because you buy "hi test" or "super unleaded"

Ethanol was used to replace MTBE as an oxygenate in fuels. The
oxygenated fuels are driven by EPA and in some cases, state
environmental regs. In my market, ALL mogas is presumed to contain up to
10% ethanol.

Dave
KEFD

The operative word is "up to"
In the case of Shell Canada, that means 10% in regular.
0% in Premium
Meand 5% in mid grade (blended)
Old November 15th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Denny

Michigan quietly passed a rule in May 08 that all mogas MUST contain
alcohol (*******s) without any public comment....

denny
Old November 15th 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anyolmouse

"Denny" wrote in message
| Michigan quietly passed a rule in May 08 that all mogas MUST contain
| alcohol (*******s) without any public comment....
|
| denny

The governor of Texas asked the EPA to release the state from the 10%
ethanol mandate: http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/5270/
and his request was refused::
http://governor.state.tx.us/highlight/ethanol This was an EPA mandate,
not originating from Michigan or any other state. Oklahoma is/was
dragging their feet on the madated 10% ethanol as was other states. So
don't blame Michigan, the blame goes to our federal guv'mint.
--
Anyolmouse

Old November 17th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Sliker[_3_]

Default auto fuel issues and know where to land for fuel

I wonder if any auto fuel, premium or otherwise is even available
without ethanol added? If that's the case, they have pretty much
elimintated the use of it in aircraft. But I've also noticed avgas
available just recently that is getting so cheap, I'm loosing interest
fast in finding alternatives. Check airnav.com, at Leesburg, FL,
Triangle has full serve 100 octane for $2.79 a gallon. What a welcome
sight that is! It's like coming out of the dark ages of recent past.
Let's just hope it isn't a temporary phenomenom that doesn't last
long. I guess since FBO's buy fuel in a much longer time period that
gas stations, it may take a while before they can purchase a load at
the new prices and pass it on to us. But then there are a lot of them
that will try to hang on to the "old" prices and greedily make a large
profit. Definitely the time to do a lot of research before going on a
cross country so you know where to land and where not to for fuel.

Old November 17th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell[_2_]

We still have a few auto stations in Oklahoma that advertise no alcohol.

"Sliker" wrote in message
|I wonder if any auto fuel, premium or otherwise is even available
| without ethanol added? If that's the case, they have pretty much
| elimintated the use of it in aircraft. But I've also noticed avgas
| available just recently that is getting so cheap, I'm loosing interest
| fast in finding alternatives. Check airnav.com, at Leesburg, FL,
| Triangle has full serve 100 octane for $2.79 a gallon. What a welcome
| sight that is! It's like coming out of the dark ages of recent past.
| Let's just hope it isn't a temporary phenomenom that doesn't last
| long. I guess since FBO's buy fuel in a much longer time period that
| gas stations, it may take a while before they can purchase a load at
| the new prices and pass it on to us. But then there are a lot of them
| that will try to hang on to the "old" prices and greedily make a large
| profit. Definitely the time to do a lot of research before going on a
| cross country so you know where to land and where not to for fuel.
|

| On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:22:05 -0600, "Anyolmouse"
| wrote:
|

| "Denny" wrote in message
| | Michigan quietly passed a rule in May 08 that all mogas MUST contain
| | alcohol (*******s) without any public comment....
| |