How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt?

Old February 12th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Steve Hix[_2_]

Default How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt?

In article m,
John Doe wrote:

"Keith W" wrote:

John Doe wrote:
"Keith W" keithnospoofsplease demon.co.uk wrote:
[stuff snipped]

Difficult to tell by your posting history since apparently you
are nym-shifting.

I post under my own name and always have.

You have a grand total of 178 posts to UseNet?

You need to get your usenet posting software serviced, Keith has been around
posting regularly for pretty long time.
Old February 12th 12, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Keith W[_4_]

John Doe wrote:
"Keith W" keithnospoofsplease demon.co.uk wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Can you point to any place else where that distinction has been
made prior to this time? "What makes kamikazes not special
forces is the fact that kamikazes do not return alive." When
you search for "kamikazes" and "special forces" at the same
time, you get over 1 million results. Looks like some of those
results specifically associate "special forces" with kamikazes.
Makes sense to me.

The reason is simple, the Japanese called Kamikaze's Special
Action Groups

That is one of the lamest trolls I have seen on UseNet. A simple
search for "Kamikaze's Special Action Groups" produces ZERO
results.

If you must lie try a credible one.

While direct translations from Japanese to English are always
problematic the simple fact is the official Japanese designation
for what the west called kamikazes is usually translated as
either 'Special Attack Group' or 'Special Action Group'

Keith

Old February 12th 12, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Daryl

On 2/9/2012 8:24 PM, John Doe wrote:
I am not a pilot, but familiar with flight simulation. I know that
gliding limits your ability to control altitude. This is extremely
risky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFQc7...feature=colike

Mainly curious about how difficult that was.
Thanks.

After viewing it and the runup to it, it's not a stunt that is
that life threatening. He had a whole group of experts to help
him all along the way. They knew, with certainie, that it would
be successful. NO errors could be made though which could have
had disastrous affects. He didn't make any and it was successful.

I note that many of have stated that he is more than a little
nuts. Not in this case. He is a craftsman and surrounds himself
with other craftsmen that makes what appears to be impossible to
be possible.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and
Old February 12th 12, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Keith W[_4_]

Daryl wrote:
[...]

You do know that he had to be airlifted to hospital last month
after one of his carefully crafted stunts went wrong.

Keith

Old February 12th 12, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
george152

On 2/13/2012 6:19 AM, Keith W wrote:
Daryl wrote:
[...]

As the saying goes "**** happens'

People walking across streets get hit by buses.
Painter falls off roof
BASE jumper hits something on the way down..
Little old lady slips in street and breaks her neck of femur..

Old February 12th 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Keith W[_4_]

Daryl wrote:
[...]

Usually as a result of not looking before they step off the
footpath.

Painter falls off roof

Usually because they are not using properly secured scaffolding

BASE jumper hits something on the way down..

As a result of taking an uncessary risk - there seems to be a
pattern developing here.

Keith

Old February 13th 12, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
John Doe[_4_]

Steve Hix sehix NOSPAMmac.comINVALID wrote:

John Doe wrote:
"Keith W" wrote:
John Doe wrote:
"Keith W" keithnospoofsplease demon.co.uk wrote:
[stuff snipped]

Difficult to tell by your posting history since apparently you
are nym-shifting.

I post under my own name and always have.

You have a grand total of 178 posts to UseNet?

You need to get your usenet posting software serviced,

It's not rocket science.

Keith has been around posting regularly for pretty long time.

When was the last time his e-mail ID changed? And the answer is, you
don't know. That's what the Google Groups archive uses.
Old February 13th 12, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Vaughn

On 2/12/2012 9:33 PM, John Doe wrote:

When was the last time his e-mail ID changed? And the answer is, you
don't know. That's what the Google Groups archive uses.

Not to mention that the Google Groups back database has been broken for
at least a year now, and Google has shown no inclination to fix it.

Vaughn

Old February 13th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
[email protected][_2_]

BASE jumper hits something on the way down..

As a result of taking an uncessary risk - there seems to be a
pattern developing here.

Keith

Pot meet kettle. US glider pilots aren't in a statistically sound
position to criticize BASE jumpers right now...

How difficult, Jeb Corliss wing suit stunt? John Doe[_4_] Piloting 80 March 26th 12 05:09 PM
Stunt pilots killed in Polish air crash Stretch Aviation Photos 0 September 6th 07 04:40 PM
How to deal with a difficult DE? Mark Piloting 15 August 19th 04 12:21 AM
Difficult Strips C J Campbell Piloting 6 August 11th 04 08:04 PM
How to Stunt Circle a Barn. [email protected] Piloting 15 March 19th 04 03:14 AM