AIRPLANES!

Old October 7th 04, 11:28 AM
RobertR237

HA
You are right Robert a builder needs to tinker with numerous technics.
Even if you build a metal, plane using fiberglass to make the insides of a
baggage compartment can save some weight. There are definite advantages in
every process....I'm still itching! HAHA

Yep, just look at any of Van's "all metal" birds and surprise...quite a bit of
fiberglass being used. Wingtips, cowling, fairings, and the new RV-10 uses
fiberglass for the fuselage top as well. Just can't seem to get away from that
stuff. Scratch

"RobertR237" wrote in message
Bob the KIS is a nice looking bird, darn good cruising speeds as well!
Wish the sport pilot thing would allow alittle faster and heavier. I

don't
know if I would enjoy all the composite stuff. I learned after 20 years

that
I hated messing with fiberglass and such...it just ate me alive! Some

people
it doesn't bother, and I do feel it's a good material to build with. It

just
itches me absolutely to death..no matter how much I cover myself! No I

won't
do any body work on vettes either..I itch thinking of it! HAHA

Scratch...Scratch...I din't know what you are talking about. BFG

I have never had any problems with the fiberglass or the epoxies but a few
people do. I really enjoy working with it because it allows a bit more

builder
creativity. It is not for everyone though and that is good, we need to

build
experience in each building method.

"RobertR237" wrote in message

Hello Gang!
Just dropping a line to find out what projects people are working

on
in
the group. Have not seen alot of aircraft talk , just rambling about

Zoom
etc. Even my inquiry about the Mini-Coupe became a boater talk

session !
HAHA Myself I am interested in the Hummel Ultracruiser Plus, Sonex,

and
the
Mini-Coupe. Any input on those birds would be appreciated. Also if

there
are
any avionics techs here could you reccommend a good transponder
w/altitude?
Avionics is definitely my weakness! Doing the retired thing so of

course
will be looking for good deals on avionics and good tips to spend my
money
wisely. Yeah we all know , the wisest thing is not sink money into a
plane
...but heck we just can't help ourselves can we?!?

I let my web site do my talking about my project. I think you will

find
plenty
there to keep you occupied about home building a great 4-place

composite
aircraft for at least a few hours.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

SMALLL airplanes.. BllFs6 Home Built 12 May 8th 04 12:48 PM
Airplanes & Sewer Clamps Veeduber Home Built 5 November 2nd 03 12:37 PM
Sport Pilot Airplanes - Homebuilt? Rich S. Home Built 8 August 10th 03 11:41 PM