[VERY LONG} MD airplanes, complete and projects, engines, gliders, many other items.

Old June 10th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace

Default [VERY LONG} MD airplanes, complete and projects, engines, gliders, many other items.

Earlier I posted a partial list, here's a bigger one:

- The tenants of Talisman Farm (Art included) were recently given the
legal minimum eviction notice and must vacate the premises by June
30th, 2006.

- Prior to the eviction there was an ongoing years-long effort to
collect and restore various aircraft, predominantly "short wing"
Pipers, Challenger homebuilts, Schweizer 2-22 trailing gliders,
Volksplane homebuilts, and various ultralight designs. A few aircraft
are flyable, but most are some degree of project. There are also
various other items of farm, shop, home and hobby items.

- Due to the short timeframe, we are trying to sell as much as we can,
as quickly as we can, in order to reduce the load of items for which we
must arrange storage and move. Some time around the last week or so of
the month, the emphasis will change to moving and storing. Once moved,
some items may remain for-sale, but the time motivation will be lost.
Please act soon.

- Procedures for the sales will generally be first-come, first-served,
but you are certainly welcome to "get put on the list" in case other
sales fall thru. We will -not- be reserving items except in rare
cases.

-Prices are generally asking prices, so other offers may be considered.

- Item descriptions are largely based on faulty human memory, so there
is no guarantee that an item will be exactly as described. (Lately, we
have errored on the side of there being -more and better- than we
remember, but hey*). If you have an interest in an item, we encourage
you to contact us and arrange a time to come inspect/buy. You can
request further information, but we might not be able to respond in a
timely fashion.

- We reserve the right to screw up, accidentally offer things already
sold, quote prices other than those listed here, and take things off
the list because we just can't bear to let them go. We will try to
keep this to a minimum.

-There are probably things we've forgotten to add to this list. If you
show up, you may see them and be able to ask about them.

-Spread the word, but only with this list intact*.see earlier comment
about info requests.

Art - talisman(at)friend(dot)ly(dot)net, cell 410-310-0159
Dan - dwroe(at)jhmi(dot)edu, pager 410-283-5904, 3 beeps, enter your
number & "#", 3 more beeps, hang up.
(cell phone -sometime on, 410-991-5514)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DANS STUFF

N8873D
1958 TriPacer that was converted to taildragger using the LPA gear
(later absorbed by Univair).
If you know SWPs, you know this is the nicer wide cockpit and split
seats. ("square" d-window).
Engine is a 160 hp O-320. Zero SMOH.
Frame was apparently stripped and shot with epoxy.
Covering is Insignia White Stits/Polyfiber.
Airtex interior, gray on gray.
All(?) new radios (circa 1980's). Terra? They are the 1/2-wide form
factor, whoever that is/was. I think there are enough for full pre-GPS
IFR.
Strobes. Williams brakes on both pedal sets..
Full papers.
Probably easier to list what is needed....
Need windshield, prop (Art has one), struts (I have orig for free or
Univair sealed for what I paid), paint to finish (a little white, and
the trim of your choice), and damn little else.
Work required is repair to minor handling damage to one wing 1 bent
rib, as I recall), finishing out the interior (panel looks done), a
little FWF work, cooling tin and placement of the oil cooler (I was
going to relocate to rear baffle.), some minor fabric work,
installation of the recently issued gear part AD (minor weld), basic
assembly, and probably a lot of fiddly bits.
Asking $15

N333JN
"The grey & white project" 1993 Challenger II-LW. glass nose, high
sides, ELT, xpdr-C, Rotax 503DCDI w/HAC, 2.58:1 "tall" drive, TN 60x44
w/urethane LE, mini-connie tail, strobe, nav & ldg lights, electric
T&B, GS, VOR & comm ant.s, EIS w/fuel gauge. Kutzelman(sp) Hot Box,
battery, GPL starter.
Aircraft had about 150 hrs TTA&E at the time that it got bent in the
fuel exhaustion accident. All airframe damage has been repaired, All
parts needed to complete to original configuration are included, as is
fabric, chemicals, and the (very expensive) AFS water-based paint.
Plane sold in 2001 for $17.5k, which was a lot even then, because it
-is- quite decked out (More than I need, was one radio from full IFR,
but good for use inside ADIZ). Plane was featured on the AFS web page.
Jim (the builder) did great work, and my repairs are professional, or
better. I need to get $10k. (Duplicating it from scratch would
probably be $20k.) Registration is still valid, so will only require
an A&P sign-off to return to service.

N91839
Schweizer 2-22 S/n (lucky-)13, 1946, the first "production" year.
Original small ailerons and spoilers, steel struts. Roughest, but
it's all just tube, fabric and aluminum, right? $200.
Extra fuse frame that could be repaired. Would go with either '839 or
'17Z, $25.

N91895
Schweizer 2-22 S/n 39, 1955. Most "together" of the bunch, one wing
needs major work, fuse some minor work. Fuse, tail, and one wing still
covered with plenty of life left in the fabric. $1800.
(Trivia - this plane once owned by Alexis DuPont.)
Extra 2-22 wing for 'C" or later. Also bent, but good for parts.
Would -probably- go with N91895, for spare ribs.

N2717Z
Schweizer 2-22 S/n 170 1964 2-22EK. Wings need some LE work, struts
good, tail good, fuse is pretty far gone, but lots of good inernal
pieces* $400. but read on*
A friend also has (stored with my planes) a 2-33 fuse (largely same as
2-22, except bubble canopy, glass nose (like on '17Z) and plastic
interior panels. The fuse was intended to be used with the wings, tail
and parts of '17Z, and we are encouraging the combination be bought for
$1900.
(Be the only kid in town with a plane with -two- NTSB reports to it's
credit.)

Open trailer for 2-22 or similar Schweizer - looks home-made. Rough
looking but rugged as heck and tows great. Almost new tires. $150 and
I wouldn't want to let it go until the last glider is leaving.

N5276Z
Piper Colt project, no FWF, repairable damage to fuse and wings, no
paperwork. or data plate. Could either be rebuild and new data plate
requested from New Piper or used as the core to and experimental
project. Lots of parts available and will do our best to make it as
complete a project as possible.
$1k

N8534C
Rough TriPacer, no FWF and would be a labor of love, but all parts and
paperwork are there and correct. I guess I'd ask $1k for the project,
$1200 to throw in an extra, busted, fuse that I got for the parts it
had.

Minimax 1100R
Plans built for ½ VW (see below), airframe largely complete, uncovered
& on gear, w/ some gauges, struts, motor, tank.
$3k w/1/2 VW, other configs we'd have to talk about.

Cub wings
Metal spars, rough, damaged & corroded, but appear complete.

Colt wings
One good pair+ w/tanks. Disassembled.

Lycoming
O-235-C1
O-235-C1B
O-235-C1B
The O-235 cores..what was your pricing for all three?

Yes, all were Colt motors.
I was thinking $1000 each for the two w/o logs, which is a decent core
price. I was actually thinking one should be rolled with the
paperless Colt project of mine (busted nose, end bay of the equipment
shed), but guess I'm not married to the idea.
One is a -C1 and one is a -C1B ("B" has the vacuum pad). I think there
is at least one carb, and a few mags. I would throw in whatever I have
in parts (not counting all that new exhaust) to make them as complete
as possible. Seems like a good deal to me, even with the minor gamble
on the condition of the parts.
I think there might be one set of complete Colt/TP baffles.

I hadn't thought much about -235 w/logs, since that is the motor off
the Colt I'm keeping (red & white in hangar) and I was concerned I
might need it as a fall-back if the O-320 did work out. I guess maybe
$1700. I think it has ~2200 original and was quite strong until the
oil consumption got too high and compressions dropped. Valves still
seemed good, but the rest of the top end just got wore out. Might be
able to overbore, but I would plan for new jug set,... I was. Higher
price mostly because of the better-known condition and the complete
logs.

There is an extra O-235 case, oil pan, and (I think) A-case (B?). I
spotted a couple jugs, starter(s), generator(s), regulator(s) and misc
stuff in the motor pile. Guess that could all go for some fair
price...maybe $300-800 depending on what is actually there.
Was told by someone at Lyc that a C1 could be made a C1B with and
A-case swap and logbook entry.

If you want a whole price for all the O-235 stuff of mine (less
exhausts), call it $4500, and I hope to hell there's nothing in there
I'll regret. There is usually more than I remember, not less.

There are a lot of new/rebuilt SWP exhaust pipes and mufflers.
Probably 2-3k worth...I'd need to take stock, find some reference
prices, if you are interested in some or all.

Sensenich 76AM prop
Colt prop, freshly o/h by factory

Sensenich 76AM prop
Colt prop, recently o/h by factory w/some use

Sensenich 76AM prop
Possibly good for experimental use only

Hercules "baby Continental" engine
Flat-4, 4-stroke, hyd lifters. These little motors are great for ULs
and single-seat LSAs.
Complete $300 obo

Hercules "baby Continental" engine
May be missing carb and/or mag harness
$175

Subaru EA-71 engine & some a/c conversion parts (not re-driven, direct)
Motor looks to be in great shape.

Kolb (Firestar MkII?) tail surfaces & ailerons, nicely covered in Cub
yellow.

N3848 - VP-1 Damaged in some kind of ground-handling accident (looks
like someone clipped the rear right wingtip with a car). Fuse needs
various repairs, tail pieces good, one wing good, other will probably
need to be disassembled and rebuilt around a new spar. Grove gear, all
controls, though cables were cut, fuel tank, maybe a brake piston, but
not much else. Was thinking I could throw in some extra Piper
short-wing struts to make struts. Asking $700.

N27101 - VP-1 Complete aircraft, minus engine, prop and most gauges.
Could probably be flying in a month of evenings and wknds, if someone
were motivated. I was thinking I'd like to keep it, but if someone
waved $1900 at me I might re-think.

VP-1 project - started in the early 70's. Fuse, tail and one wing
done, all parts for second wing, control pieces, tailwheel spring, full
maingear w/wheels & tires, minus(I think) brakes, struts. windshield
frame tube(?), and probably various stuff I've forgotten. Asking $800.

Plans & much documentation come with each.

Volksplane VP-2 landing gear

Other VW stuff:

1. Full "power egg" from the clutch, back, for a 1600cc Bug. Good
motor came out of running car for body work that never happened, ready
to bolt back in, including...well..everything...cooling tin, carb,
cooler, air filter, plugs, fan, gen, wires...all of it, just like it
came out, before it was covered and stored in a dry suburban garage.
Really should go to someone with a car project. Asking $200.

2. 1500/1600 core. Dual port. All car pieces needed for an airplane
there, untouched since I got it, so unknown internal condition.
Planned to sell it with a VP-1 project, but is can got by itself, I
guess. Asking $75.

3. 1090(?)cc 1/2 VW. Hummell built "37hp" motor from when Morrey was
building them himself. Zenith carb, Fairbanks-Morse mag, Culver 54x24
prop. Maybe 30 minutes of total test-stand time. It belongs to a
plans-built Minimax 1100 airframe-done project, but I guess if it sold
separately and I switched to one of my "baby Continentals" is wouldn't
be the end of the world. Asking $1300 for the motor, $3000 for motor,
uncovered minimax, and all the gauges (about half) and parts I got with
it.

4, 5, 6. Three "type-4" VW motors out of Porsche 914s. Full a/c-use
core, cranks to heads, a little cooling tin on at least one of them.
Two are 1700cc (short-throw crank) and one is a "stroker"
1800cc...makes a difference for a/c-use rebuilds. They can build out
to something ridiculous, like 2600cc with no case mods required.
Asking $125 each.

7. I'm pretty sure I collected a set of serviceable type-4 stroker
crank and rods. Asking $50.

8,9 . Mahle(sp) head pair NIB w/large stainless valves, flycut for
94mm jugs and two full sets of matching NIB 94mm jug/piston/ring sets.
Asking $300 for all.

10. Kinda scary home-made 1835 motor, extra crank machined for taper
hub, hub, Vertex mag, Posa, some intake parts. Wasn't right when I got
it, but could be made so. Was planning to keep it and one VP, but if
someone waved $650 at me, I'd probably change my mind.

11-ish. Various a/c conversion parts, including Deihl(sp) a-case(s?),
Slick mag(s?). at least one more Posa, GPAS Force-1 hub set, exhaust
system, Hegy (58x36?) prop, homemade "VP/1835" prop. Not sure what
else. Was kinda planning to hang onto it with the one VP, but it might
depend on how I feel at the time, if someone makes an offer.

Glider trailer
The trailer is a 1969 Eisenburg Gruber model APR 1812.
It is a single axle trailer of steel construction with fiberglass
skins, upperwork built using ~1" (prob metric) square steel tube frame.
There is an inertial brake system(works), and a tongue support
castering drop-down/crank adjust wheel. Shape is roughly that of a
long skinny box with a (slightly rounded) square cross-section, except
at the aft, where there is a tower for the glider's fin.
There is a front 1/3-height, full width, access door.
The rear door can pass something 36"w X 38"h thru the lower "square",
and an overall fin/rudder height of about 66". Forgot to check
fore/aft lenght of the "tower", but it looks about 3 ft +.
Box length is about ~28 ft. (might be more, I had to pace it off).
Tongue sticks out another ~4'. Fender'd tires or roughly compact car
size stick out about a foot on either side.
Internally, there is a parts tray up front, and tracks and other
locking hardware in the floors, but I do not know for what type of
glider.

Basically your typical low-slung "torpedo" from the days before the
nice moulded clamshells they now make.

I field-rewired the lights (tail, turn, brake and markers) from the
nasty complicated german harness to a cheapo K-mart flat 4-pin, to get
it home, a few years ago.
Tires were fine when I brought it home, but one is flat, now. I don't
know why, or how long it took to get that way. I will need to
investigate. If it is a minor issue, it should be fine to tow home.

The skins need to be pulled and repaired (West Marine or Boaters World
for stuff). Some of the 1" sq tube will be to be repaired, too.

It is a project, and that is reflected in the price.

For $150 you get a glider trailer -project-, which, if purchased new,
would cost several thousand dollars.

Rolling worktable/cabinet carts, several
Actually, old IBM 7171 comm controllers, but they are gutted and work
great.

Chest freezer
Looks rough, pretty sure it works, free

Canoe
Unknown mfgr, needs work, free

Genset trailer
Generator is ~1969 US Army std issue. Model number is a PU-619, I
think. Seem to recall it is ~20kw, total. 208(ish) and 110(ish),
single or three phase. The two gens mounted on the converted M-105
ammo trailer weights over 6k lbs and requires pintle hitch on tow
vehicle. One motor shows 16 hrs and other 1200? (on an early & strict
military TBO), but have not run them, myself. Trailer is MD-legal,
valid & current title & tag. Trailer has the tarpoline cover bows, but
not the tarp.

14' SeaLord "straight" floats (were last rigged on a ChallengerII, but
okay for most 2-place UL and LSA) ($500)
Nice beaching trailer for same $100.

Wooden Federal(?) skis for certified taildragger, like Cub or Clipper.

2 electric carts, single seat, like in movie (Meatballs? Gumball
Rally?) Not a "Mart Kart". ($300ea)
Top speed of about 14 mph and can climb a decent incline.
Documentation, clip-on "grocery" basket. and parts included.

Shop cabinets
old kitchen cabinets, they make decent workbench

Entertainment ctr
Decent quality, glass front. Shelves adjustable to some degree. About
5'H, 5'W & 18" deep.

Couch
Convertible sofa-bed, just short of 6' inside the arms. Tan/cream.
Good structural condition, okay fabric condition.

Various model airplanes, kits, and to lesser extent, engines

High Standard DM101 nickel-construction Derringer, 22 Magnum. Must
transfer thru a gun shop.
$250

+++++++++++++++
ARTS STUFF

N8102Q
"The Demonstrator." 1989 Challenger II-LW. Featured in Dec 2004 AOPA
Pilot. Basic except for strut fairings. Numerous upgrades to roughly
mid-90's configuration, including current chord & span dim ailerons,
2.58:1 "tail" drive, TN 60x44 w/urethane LE. Basic panel, dual CHT,
dual EGT. Battery and electric start.
Most airframe parts were refurbished and recovered about 200 hours ago.
503DCDI and re-drive belt have about 75 hrs since new. Amphib floats
have about 300 hrs since new. Wheel bearings and bolts converted to
stainless.
Basic instruments, streamlined struts, electric start.
Not a show-plane and has all the maintenance joys of a floatplane, but
airworthy, good motor, and flys on a regular basis, and the price is
right. $10k
$8k on standard "dirt" gear.
(Floats will not be sold separately. If not sold w/plane, they will be
kept.)

N5306H
1949 Clipper.
This bird was an honest-to-god, one-owner, parked since he died,
"plane in a barn", original metal pants and everything, that was hiding
less than 30 minutes up the road. Original everything, full logs.
Our plan was to restore it to show-plane quality..., but fate did not
cooperate. Major assemblies still together and covered, was only
disassembled for transport.
$10k

1949 Clipper project less FWF & ???
wings nicely rebuilt, fuse needs tubes replaced. Most (all?) parts
need to complete are there.
(Appropriate engines and props are available, but not included.)
$2500

1956 TriPacer project less FWF
No engine or prop, but all else appears to be there. On fuse tube
needs replaced.
$4000

1961 Colt project
Largely (totally?) complete. Paperwork $5000

Second 1961 Colt project
Largely (totally?) complete. Paperwork $5000

Third 1961 Colt ('77Z)
Requires on minimal work to fuse and one wing. Wing will then need
covered. New windshield (included) needs installed. Typical VFR panel
w/KB-170B & xpdr-C(????). Paperwork Easiest Colt project.
$7000

There are also some "loose" parts (engines, wings, gear, & little
stuff) but mostly these are complete projects that we are hoping will
get into the hands of folks who will complete them, as we had planned
to do. Without a doubt, there is extra stuff, mostly for SWPs.
Individual part research and sales will get low priority unless you are
standing there.

B1-RD ultralight
Complete, but some bent tubes. Running Cayuna 430 w/extra (seized)
UL-II. Last flown Summer 2005.

B1-RD ultralight
Complete, but some bent tubes. Rotax 377.

Hummer ultralight
Fuse & tail complete, Zenoah 25hp(?) w/belt re-drive and "example"
prop. Various wing parts.

Micro Mong plans built
One (?) wing complete, fuse started. Plans included.

Kohler K440 air-cooled 2-stroke motor w/electric start, exhaust,
carbs?

Plastic barbell weights, for use in counterweighting planes while
working on them.

3-Wheeler
Yamaha 110

3-Wheeler
Yamaha 150

3-Wheeler
Yamaha 250?
Puddle Jumper amphibious floats
Older model 12' for single-seat ultralight, w/wheels & tires, some
Quicksilver rigging.
$1000

1950's Gallion road roller, runs

Stainless steel work table/cabinet, approx 4'x4'x'4

Wooden panel overhead garage door with installation hardware.

Vending machine for canned sodas. Works.

Antique gas pump
Good quality "Aero" gasoline, green enamel. Most parts and supplies to
restore.

Retractable fuel hose reel, hose & nozzle, new. Intended to be used
with above pump.

LP gas forced-air heater, like would normally be installed in small
house or largish trailer.

Double-barrel wood stove
Popular kit-built. Upper barrel is heat exchanger and has been
modified from original for flow-thru tube for forced air.

Coal stove
For heat, not cooking, but somewhat decorative.

Solar Water heater system
There are ~16-24 panels (4'x8'x6"? aluminum or galvanized tubs), -many-
pieces of fibre-board insulation, collector capillaries (reverse
radiators?), plumbing, foam pipe insulation, and two fairly large (400+
gal?) stainless steel tank and stand. I wouldn't know for sure if this
is a complete system, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Given the short time, I think any price you'd offer that would beat the
salvage rate for the scrap metal, and we can probably help you load it.
We'd love to see these things go to someone who will actually put them
to use.

Large wooden (Mohagany?) desk

Wooden toy box

Several small pieces of small ( and not quite so small) antique farm
implements.

Several large and usable pieces of farm equipment, including New
Holland combine (set up for soy beans?), 4-bottom plow, Belarus
tractor, MF, FarmAll, Case, JD, farm dump truck.

END