Is there a problem with rah?

Old February 4th 07, 10:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Default Is there a problem with rah?

For the past several days I have only been averaging about 1 to 5
messages per day. That's way down from normal! I mean, there are
usually that many from Juan alone...anybody else seeing this problem?

Scott
Old February 4th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

"Scott" wrote in message
For the past several days I have only been averaging about 1 to 5 messages
per day. That's way down from normal! I mean, there are usually that
many from Juan alone...anybody else seeing this problem?

Yep, same here.

Usually after a particularly nasty flamefest between a few members, many
people are unwilling to continue reading, so they don't read and don't post.

Give it a couple weeks.

Flamefests, as "righteous" as they may be, damage the group. Just my
opinion.
--
Jim in NC

Old February 4th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 10:17:21 +0000, Scott
wrote:

For the past several days I have only been averaging about 1 to 5
messages per day. That's way down from normal! I mean, there are
usually that many from Juan alone...anybody else seeing this problem?

Scott

there are two problems.
age
frustration

.....oh you mean the volume of traffic.
yes ditto here. though it's a lot healthier than sci.aeronautics.

I cant believe that everything is already known about aviation.
where would that leave the experts :-)
Stealth pilot
Old February 4th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Blueskies

: wrote:
:
: For the past several days I have only been averaging about 1 to 5
: messages per day. That's way down from normal! I mean, there are
: usually that many from Juan alone...anybody else seeing this problem?
:
: Scott
:
: there are two problems.
: age
: frustration
:
: ....oh you mean the volume of traffic.
: yes ditto here. though it's a lot healthier than sci.aeronautics.
:
: I cant believe that everything is already known about aviation.
: where would that leave the experts :-)
: Stealth pilot

Building....and trying to stay warm...

Dan D.
Kalamazoo, MI

Old February 4th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Consider how many times a person asks a question because they are
stuck or can't find the answer on an
older newsgroup page. Now consider how many completly stupid answers
he gets from the morons that don't really
know what their talking about. After a while of hearing complete
stupidity instead of helpful answers it's now wonder
the post have slowed down. I can't tell you how many times I've posted
because I want to try something different, and the
number one answer for the self appointed experts is "follow the
plans". Some answer for an experimental group.
Lou

Old February 4th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans

"Lou" wrote in message
ups.com...
Consider how many times a person asks a question because they are
stuck or can't find the answer on an
older newsgroup page. Now consider how many completly stupid answers
he gets from the morons that don't really
know what their talking about. After a while of hearing complete
stupidity instead of helpful answers it's now wonder
the post have slowed down. I can't tell you how many times I've posted
because I want to try something different, and the
number one answer for the self appointed experts is "follow the
plans". Some answer for an experimental group.

Really? Post them again, and see what you get, now. I can't remember what
you have asked.

So sorry if they tell people not to make substitutions in structure that
will be holding their LIVES in their hands, like substituting aluminum for
steel wing hold downs. Next time you have a question like that, remind us,
and we will tell you, "no problem, go ahead and change the plans."

Seriously, if you have to ask about changing plans, and you are willing to
take a bunch of stranger's advise on making a change, then you have no
business making such a change, or probably even building an airplane.

Other questions posed here usually get a fair chance, when it is not talking
about major structural changes. I think you are giving the group a bum
wrap, on that one.
--
Jim in NC

Anyway, how many experts are left reading and posting, after exchanges that
keep going and going, with buttheads like Juan....

My advise to everyone, is to know when to stop beating your head against the
wall, and let idiots have the last word, sometimes.

Old February 4th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

On Feb 4, 8:00 am, "Lou" wrote:
Consider how many times a person asks a question because they are
stuck or can't find the answer on an
older newsgroup page. Now consider how many completly stupid answers
he gets from the morons that don't really
know what their talking about. After a while of hearing complete
stupidity instead of helpful answers it's now wonder
the post have slowed down. I can't tell you how many times I've posted
because I want to try something different, and the
number one answer for the self appointed experts is "follow the
plans". Some answer for an experimental group.
Lou

Lou,

There will always be those who will not deviate from the plans for any
reason. They apparently feel that the designer took everything into
consideration and to change anything invites disaster. Even some
manufacturers will discourage any change to the plans or kit. Too
bad, that is what I always thought experimental building was all
about.

My advice, filter out the nay-sayers and keep going. Its a learning
process and the best way to learn is to experiment. You may find it
difficult though to get answers from those who only follow the exact
plans. Keep posting your questions and usually you can find some good
advice among all the flack.

Old February 4th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

: wrote:
:
: For the past several days I have only been averaging about 1 to 5
: messages per day. That's way down from normal! I mean, there are
: usually that many from Juan alone...anybody else seeing this problem?
:
: Scott
:
: there are two problems.
: age
: frustration
:
: ....oh you mean the volume of traffic.
: yes ditto here. though it's a lot healthier than sci.aeronautics.

I think the "old timers" are just stopping to get their collective
breath. It's probably also weather related although this is the kind
of weather that puts me on the computer, rather than in the shop.

:
: I cant believe that everything is already known about aviation.
: where would that leave the experts :-)
: Stealth pilot

Building....and trying to stay warm...

It's just kinda chilly up here in Midland. The outside thermometer at
the shop says +5, but it's in the sun. :-)) At least it's nice and
toasty in the shop.

It must be psychological. Last night when the outside temp was showing
-6 I bumped the shop up to 72 from 70 and still felt cold. The
temperature in the shop is very consistent throughout the whole
building.

Dan D.
Kalamazoo, MI

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old February 4th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Roger wrote:
snip

It must be psychological. Last night when the outside temp was showing
-6 I bumped the shop up to 72 from 70 and still felt cold. The
temperature in the shop is very consistent throughout the whole
building.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Dern sissy, when I was young I had to trudge through blizzards to
get to my hangar. It was up hill...... both ways...

Now let me tell you about having to kill a cave bear to get sinew to
sew fabric for my first airplane.......

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired