Pinckneyville Pix

Old June 2nd 04, 07:47 PM
Badwater Bill

I'll see Bill next when Las Vegas freezes over!

- J.O.-

Oh, now John, you are so cute when you are mad.

BBWWAHHAHHAHHAAAAA

Old June 2nd 04, 08:11 PM
Badwater Bill

On 2 Jun 2004 10:31:46 -0700, (pacplyer) wrote:

(Badwater Bill) wrote

Have fun trying to find anything meaningful here Pac. My hat goes off
to you for trying. This ****ing group of moronic idiots is more fun
to read that watching six monkeys try to **** a football.

BWB

Yep, it's really bizarre behavior. Multiple personalities just like
the movie Phycho. Do you think they talk to themselves when they're
alone?

"Hey Mama Shunmaster, you want me to hand you that wrench over there?
Why thank you Nobody Bates that's just the wrench I was going to ask
for; How did you know? Oh, Shunmaster I've got years of designing
homebuilt aircraft; some of them have even been in Lunar and Martian
orbit! My, but your such an incredible designer Nobody, I wish I had
just one of your many talents...."

Yick! Don't want to meet them!

Yep. Really makes you wanna burn the fuel round trip so you can sit
in that greasy hangar at PJY and meet these pillars of experience and
wisdom. You can sit and look at project after project that has been
collected as junk years ago and looks the same as it did the first
year we all went there. I'm surprised there's even any room in that
hangar anymore to put up a table to put the picnic stuff on.

I don't know all the folks who went this year (all 9 or 10 of them).
In fact that fellow who flew in the Comanche might be an alright kind
of bloke. But, if he is alright, he'll probably never waste the time
and effort to go back again. You'll notice that John Stricker who
used to fly his Twin Comanche in, never goes anymore. He's way too
qualified for that "party" thousands of hours, helicopter rated, CFI
and all. He felt it was a waste of his time long ago.

Hey, the 9 or 10 people who go now have exactly what they wanted.
They can sit and listen to 100 hour pilots like Oysterhouse tell them
how to do it, or Sydney with her vast depth of knowledge in
homebuilding and flying. They can listen to Cessna 150 drivers like
Moon Man. There's nothing wrong with any of it. It's John's party
now. That's what he wanted and what the pillars of RAH wanted. You
posters here have made it what you wanted it to be.

I don't think it's good or bad, sad or happy. It just is what it is.
For many of us who wanted it to become more, we lost to the Sydneys
and the Moon Men. So be it. It just doesn't appeal to the high time
builders and pilots anymore. I know for myself, I'd rather be flying
my gyrocopter off a dry lake bed here than fly one foot in the
direction of the PJY activity each year.

Everybody's different. I'm not telling anyone to stay away. Like I
said yesterday, Gary Thomas and April were there. They are quality
people who find the "party" fun. To each his own. It's just not for
me or about 100 others who used to support it with money, free-rides
in classy airplanes, airline tickets for those too poor to get there,
beer, etc. Whatever we did, was not enough. Everybody still bitched,
mooched and resented us for doing it (or because we could do it). So,
it is what you all have made it now, and so well put above by the
Twin-Comanche driver. So, have fun.

BWB

Old June 2nd 04, 08:23 PM
Badwater Bill

All systems are Go! We have lift off! Lift off of Dr. Evil
) and his penis shaped spacecraft!

Pac, you crack me up. Isn't it funny that it's just a matter of time
for any high time builder or pilot to become totally burnt out by this
forum?

I'll bet you a nickel there are people here who routinely post, who
don't know what an aileron is. I know for sure there are routine
mouther-offer's here who don't have a clue why a rudder is on an
airplane. They think to themselves, "Birds don't have rudders, why do
airplanes need them?"

I'm not kidding you Pac. This is a lot of the quality you are dealing
with here anymore.

In the olden days, it was a lot more fun. In fact I'm just on here
because I'm home bound with a cold right now. I think a lot of the
guys who used to post a lot of stuff here only post when they have
nothing else to do. It's like you Pac. You are all bunged up so you
post here. If you were feeling better you'd be out doing it, not
writing about it to people who haven't ever done it. But...that's
what makes RAH what it is. Even someone who's never had a lesson in
an airplane can challenge and be brash to the old timers who have more
time sleeping in cockpits than in beds.

Yep. That's RAH.

BWB

Old June 2nd 04, 09:59 PM
Del Rawlins

In pacplyer wrote:

Are you really new here? Now "Nobody" has turned into none other than
"Carburetor Heat Bob" "Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" 50 years of flight
and he doesn't know about temperature dewpoint carb icing.

Sorry old timer, but you asked for it. This dishonest Subterfuge is
beneath you isn't it really? Aren't you a little too old to be
playing childish games?

Did you actually spend enough time reading the archives to pull that out
or was I wrong and you really are Bill?

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/
Old June 2nd 04, 10:29 PM
nauga

Bill Phillips wrote:

BTW - what did YOU do that weekend?

...Would you believe that I was with Jim
Campbell at Mohave just as Burt Rutan's boys were
about to make a 55 second burn and attained
212,000 feet msl at apogee in their space
ship?

Cool story but irrelevant to the question at hand
since there was more than a week between the two events.

Spaceship One Flight #3, the high altitude flight: 13 May 04
The weekend Michael asked about: 21-23 May 04

Related: The first space attempt is scheduled for 21 June
and is open to the public. Don't need a press pass or
an invite to be JAFO.

Dave 'calendar boy' Hyde

Old June 3rd 04, 12:03 AM
Michael

(Badwater Bill) wrote
what did YOU do that weekend?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you. You'd come back with another
of the endless follow ups you morons concoct to make yourselves feel
you have superior skills. Would you believe that I was with Jim
Campbell at Mohave just as Burt Rutan's boys were about to make a 55
second burn and attained 212,000 feet msl at apogee in their space
ship?

I might believe that. But I didn't ask where you WERE, I asked what
you DID. It's pretty cool that Burt Rutan's boys got that altitude.
I'm sure it was really cool to design that ship, and even cooler to
fly it. Might even have been cool to work on it. So is that what you
did? Or were you just a spectator?

That twin Comanche is slow, it has dangerous flat spin characteristics
with one engine out, and no useful load. If you weigh a couple
hundred pounds and you fill it with fuel, you'll only get two more
medium sized people in it without busting gross.

Full fuel, 3 200-pounders, and some bags - and you've hit gross -
that's about right. As for dangerous flat spin characteristics -
well, I prefer not to spin twins at all so their spin characteristics
don't concern me, but if you feel the need you go right ahead.

But, my point was not to run down your airplane. My point was to run
down the people.

Well, at least you're admitting it. That's something. Now tell me,
why is that important to you?

I actually think twin Comanches are fun to fly, even
though they burn 15 gallons per hour and only go 160 mph.

You must have had some really crappy Twin Comanches. Their engines
wouldn't start and they would only go 160 mph on 15 gph. Well, don't
feel bad about it. My first plane was a dog too. But just FYI, your
speed estimate is low by about 15% for that fuel burn, at least for a
reasonably rigged plane with properly functioning engines. Are you
sure you had your fuel servos adjusted properly?

Cessna-210 has the same burn but does 200 mph, plus carries 1000
pounds of people when it's full of fuel.

I've never seen a normally aspirated C-210 that would do 200 mph but
whatever. BTW - how does it perform with one engine out?

But most of the people who read this group wouldn't know that, or
know the differences. Just like they don't know the differences
between what we all once envisioned the RAH fly-in to become.

If you stop ingesting mind-altering chemicals, you might stop seeing
those visions. If not, I'm sure competent psychiatric help is
available.

Seriously, I've read your stuff. Workshops on riveting, fabric and
dope, and whatever else. There's already a fly-in for that. It's
called Oshkosh.

But, as you said, it's just a party now... just John
Johnson's annual picnic.

And the problem here is what?

You want a flyin that will be something different? One that will suit
your tastes? Go ahead, put one on. Nobody is stopping you. I even
promise to show up in my slug airplane. Drag your C-210 out; we'll do
some low passes in formation if you can keep up.

Michael
Old June 3rd 04, 02:47 AM
Al

Del Rawlins wrote in message ...
In pacplyer wrote:

Are you really new here? Now "Nobody" has turned into none other than
"Carburetor Heat Bob" "Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" 50 years of flight
and he doesn't know about temperature dewpoint carb icing.

Sorry old timer, but you asked for it. This dishonest Subterfuge is
beneath you isn't it really? Aren't you a little too old to be
playing childish games?

Did you actually spend enough time reading the archives to pull that out
or was I wrong and you really are Bill?

Don't you remember? Pac was such a big fan of RAH that he lurked for
10 years before he started posting twice a week. And he did it from
Manila, where there weren't any ISP's until 1999. That way he can
remember things that happened on RAH in 1994, and still not be Bill.
Old June 3rd 04, 06:17 PM
pacplyer

(pacplyer) wrote in message om...
It's Doctor a-OK again! ) and his super-sneaky disappearing
ink!

You do have a sense of humor after all. Glad to see you made it back
from the Littrow Tarus region! What happened? Your high gain antenna
fall off cause you forgot to use good AN locknuts? And let me
guess: you're also having trouble with the new patent that beams
your neurons up to the vehicle so you can update your patent number
file on the LEM landing stage. What a waste of 8k storage!

But what about your Martian Hardware? You know the stuff you said
that works. Boy, those new rovers are making your stuff look pretty
crappy. Maybe they can roam over and rescue some of the pieces for
you. I bet your twin brother worked on the Beagle Two. Loss of basic
signal seems to run in your family.

1) HARDWARE? (Claims to have secret space hardware on the Moon and
Mars)

GO!

2) PROGRAMMING? (Claims to have been involved in both programs even
though they're too many years apart)

GO!

3) ELECTRICAL? (Doesn't know what key transistors are used in his own
com equip)

GO!

4) CAPCOM? (Can't tell who he's talking to online, flys into
uncontrollable fits of rage)

GO!

5) RETRO? (Despises anyone around him who discovers he's an idiot)

GO!

6) FIRE CONTROL? (Tries to kill off anyone who scuttles his plans for
worldwide usenet domination)

GO!

7) GUIDANCE? (Never had any as a small child; the reason he became a
mad scientist)

GO!

8) PAYLOAD? (18 lbs of Sporty's Pilot Shop trinkets in his pockets)

GO!

All systems are Go! We have lift off! Lift off of Dr. Evil
) and his penis shaped spacecraft!

It's Official.
thinks he's a character living in a sci-fi movie.
Old June 3rd 04, 06:34 PM
pacplyer

(Badwater Bill) wrote in message ...

[...]

Sleeping in airplanes. Man, you sure brought back some unpleasant
memories. When a "phoon" hits the south pacific and you're hauling
time sensitive trash, you do exactly that: you divert to a different
city and sit there in the ****ing airplane until it passes. At least
that's what you do at the ****ty non-scheds. My neck and back are
hurting right now just from thinking about it. I'm swatting
mosquitoes and not eating for 16 hrs straight. Thanks Bill.

Wait, wait. This story is not about homebuilding! Nice going! You
stirred up the RAH anthill BWB! And now I'm the guy standing in it!
**** you Badwater Bill! I'm not your friend anymore!

pacplyer