The most probable origin of NASA moon rocks

Old October 18th 03, 02:10 AM
Snuffy Smith

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om...
"Mark Test" wrote in message

And this has what to do with sci.military.naval????

Lots. For instance US NAVY was playing an important role in the US

moon
landing hoax. After all it was NAVY who recovered return module with
new portion of US heros.

Michael

Micheal just wants to establish his credibility so we all know
how seriously to take him when he posts on other topics.

Hm... never minded about my credibility in this NG particularly
in your Keith eyes.

Don't worry cuz you have no credibility to worry about.

It is you Keith who care so much about
my credibility every time I post something new on US moon
landing hoax.

I think he's doing a good job

Sure I do a good job. now even you Keith know where
NASA took their 400+kg of moon rocks. Not bad indeed.

Enjoy

Michael

Keith

Old October 18th 03, 02:10 AM
Snuffy Smith

"Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj" wrote in message
Bill Silvey wrote:

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
om

snip

Komrad Mikey, why do you continue on with this outrageous stupidity?

I know your burning hatred for everyone not Russian or who doesn't

adhere to
the Soviet point of view clouds your vision quite a bit, but I *do* find

it
amazing that you can't accept scientific facts - that the United States

sent
not one but three men to the moon, all of whom returned successfully,
several times. That your nation failed to do so has to be the only

reason
for this continued petulence on your part.

If I were you I'd seek psychological help, but not in your own nation,

good
lord no! Please, seek *reliable* mental health care somewhere in the

west.

Please, Mr. Silvey.
Why would you want to invite Mr. Petukhov out of Russia.
They have especially well developed psychiatric facilities in Russia,
left over from the soviet system.
--
Rostyk

Yeah but Sticky, you know perfectly well...insane people were not kept in
Russian whacko bins. They were for housing handicapped and the political
disbelievers.

Old October 18th 03, 02:10 AM
Snuffy Smith

"D.K." wrote in message
In article , "usertx" wrote:

"Michael Petukhov" wrote in message
. com...

indeed. although as far as I know USSR also never officialy said these
lunar expeditions were for real. It was ignored in fact. USSR was
perhaps the only country in the world where "US moon landings" were
not broadcasted live on TV.

Michael

US moon landings were broadcasting in USSR! You are just too young to
remember.

Yep, they were broadcast. I vaguely remember it when I was a kid.

What I'd like to know is how widely Soviet space achievements
(Sputnik, Gagarin, Leonov, Tereshkova) were popularized in the USA?

Not at all. Sputnik created the space race...which Russia eventually lost,
but you won't find a single yankee soul who knows who Tereshkova was.

Old October 18th 03, 02:10 AM
Snuffy Smith

Michael, you have been smoking that Afghani hashish again!

"Mark Test" wrote in message

And this has what to do with sci.military.naval????

Lots. For instance US NAVY was playing an important role in the US

moon
landing hoax. After all it was NAVY who recovered return module

with
new portion of US heros.

Michael

Micheal just wants to establish his credibility so we all know
how seriously to take him when he posts on other topics.

Hm... never minded about my credibility in this NG particularly
in your Keith eyes. It is you Keith who care so much about
my credibility every time I post something new on US moon
landing hoax.

I think he's doing a good job

Sure I do a good job. now even you Keith know where
NASA took their 400+kg of moon rocks. Not bad indeed.

You'll have to try harder than that Michael

The only way we know so called Lunar meteorites are
from the moon is by comparing them with the samples
retrieved.
There are only two sources for such reference
samples, the Apollo Missions and the Soviet lander

Not necessary. This is because you are not a scientist Keith.
Otherwise you would know that humans never landed
on Sun and other distant stars (at least officially) but
its material compositions are known from spectroscopy data.
Some elements (helium for instance) were first discovered on
Sun and only after that was found on Earth. As for the Lunar
materials... well a standard marker composition can be easily
measured by an automatical probe and results send here by radio.
They did send automatical probes (Surveyors) to moon prior
"manned missions", did'n they? Moreover it was easy to guess
about some picularities of moon rocks, like extreme lack of
water or free oxigen and certain minerals which are known to
originate from nonexistent on moon processes. Given big enough
meteorite collection it is easy to design such a marker set.
Just a piece of cake, Keith!

by the way Keith so far NASA did not claim to land man on
Mars or in asteroid belt rocks, but meteorites from all
these places are easy to recognize and of course is on
sell with certificates as well.

So if you believe the Americans faked their samples
by buying lunar meteorites they would have to know
the nature of the lunar rocks or to fake or get the
Soviets to buy similar fakes for their lander several
years later.

"If" is not a proper wording here, keith. They knew for sure.

Then of course their the problem of buying 400 kg
of different meteorite fragments with nobody noticing.

why? somebody was noticing. As far as I know so far no
lunar meteorites were officially found in US soil
while it is estimated to be around of a few % of all
meteorites found today. Don't you think it is a bit of
strange give US with US huge deserts? Although of course
you don't. particularly given that NASA was known to buy
lots of them from privat persons all over the world.

I'm afraid all you did is demonstrate how prejudice
can lead even intelligent people astary.

Never say never, Keith. European SMART-1 is on the way to moon
and japanese Lunar-A and Selene are getting ready to follow soon.
They can send us very unexpected pictures of Apollo landing sites.
US privat company's "TrailBlazer" can do in principle but who in
a good mind can trust US data? Not me at least.

Michael

Keith

Old October 18th 03, 02:42 AM
Bob McKellar

From: Alan Minyard a

NASA even built a "zero-G" test rig to try out the landers controls.
It had a lift engine that could be throttled to exactly balance out
the weight of the rig, so the thrusted operated at "zero-G"

Al Minyard

I think they had more than one. I recall a pilot punching out of one just
before it crashed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Fella name of Armstrong.

Probably ruined his career, busting up the gear like that.

Wonder whatever happened to him........

Bob McKellar

Old October 18th 03, 02:54 AM
Bill Silvey

From: Alan Minyard a

NASA even built a "zero-G" test rig to try out the landers controls.
It had a lift engine that could be throttled to exactly balance out
the weight of the rig, so the thrusted operated at "zero-G"

Al Minyard

I think they had more than one. I recall a pilot punching out of one
just before it crashed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Fella name of Armstrong.

Probably ruined his career, busting up the gear like that.

Wonder whatever happened to him........

Bob McKellar

Went on to do some flight testing for equipment with some alphabet-soup
organization down on the sleepy part of Florida's east coast, IIRC. Some
government branch or something.

It's rumored after that one incident that only two other guys in the whole
place would fly with him.

Sad, really.

;-)

--
http://www.delversdungeon.dragonsfoot.org
Remove the X's in my email address to respond.

Old October 18th 03, 03:18 AM

From: Alan Minyard a

[...]

Sounds familiar...isn't he the guy who got a little off course
and landed his craft on some little used spot something like a
quarter of a million miles from home?...I hear that he got it
back home ok though, lucky for him.
--

-Gord.
Old October 18th 03, 03:37 AM
David Windhorst

Snuffy Smith wrote:

snip

Not at all. Sputnik created the space race...which Russia eventually lost,
but you won't find a single yankee soul who knows who Tereshkova was.

Uh -- don't bet on that, Sparky.

Old October 18th 03, 04:12 AM
Gordon

Not at all. Sputnik created the space race...which Russia eventually lost,
but you won't find a single yankee soul who knows who Tereshkova was.

The first true space passenger, and a woman besides.

As for the publicity that early Soviet launches recieved, I have two framed
newspapers over my desk - one is of Yuri's flight, the other is Carpenter's
first flight. Coverage on both events is remarkably similar, and comprise the
entire front page of the Houston newspapers. Folks in the US knew all about
Sputnik and Gagarin - those two flights were always discussed in the context of
the flashpoint for the space race. I have a pretty vivid memory of a talking
head explaining the difference between models of the Saturn V and Soviet launch
vehicles.

v/r
Gordon
PS, whoever assumed no one north of the Mason/Dixon would know who Tereshkova
was needs to remember that it was a space *race*, and Americans sure as heck
knew who else was in the race. As for painting all Americans with the
broad-brush term of "Yankee", well, that's just plain quaint.