Gas Prices -- Help at last?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 16th 05, 01:59 AM
Matt Barrow

Default OT: Gas Prices -- Help at last?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Matt Barrow wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

And the inability to follow a thread (who posted what) amazes me,
especailly
when people become so condescending after they do screw up attributions.

As for the inability to follow a thread, I was answering this post:

"Fela tilvitnun -
- Sına tilvitnun -
Newps wrote:
wrote:

That the world is warming is not in question, the numbers are obvious.
What is causing it to warm is still in debate (especially by the Bush
White House), but a great number of scientists feel that man and the
greenhouse gasses he produces is likely the root cause.

Which shows the arrogance of man. I just finsihed reading a book about
the Viking explorers. They settled Iceland and Greenland around the
years 750-1050 AD. The "scientists" say that they were able to stay
there at all is because about the time they got there corresponded to a
global warming cycle that made the glaciers recede, the winters easier
and the summers warmer and longer. About the time they left corresponds
to the "Little Ice Age". "

:To which I replied:

:Well, the descendants of the original settlers are still living in
:Iceland, farming it and living a pretty good life. They haven´t left
:at all.

That's nice, but the tread here is not your own and you are not the sole
participant.

I was addresing newps and only him; if you wish to add something, especially
since you have a certain expertise, please do. OTOH, don't hog the thread.

You answeared this with:
"Iceland is not Greenland. Iceland is warmed by ocean currents and has
been
inhabited for centuries, unlike Greenland which is pretty much
un-inhabitable ANYMORE except on very limited scale
(non-self-supporting)."

And is that wrong? I cited population stats (56K, a small town by comparison
in the US. You cited...that there is plenty of area...but never said for
what. You did chime in with peoples ignorance (regarding some obscure corner
of the earth like we really should give a damn for every trival point).

I also find it interesting, when someone questions another posters claim,
or
asks for clarification, some become hostile or pompous.

Yes, so do I.

Well, take a good look around. WIthout citing a reference book, tell us what
you know about my town, Montrose, CO. You may want to be a bit careful about
throwing arounf the word "ignorance" (willful rejection of knowledge, and
substitute "naive" (not knowing or being aware).