Gasohol

Old May 31st 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Gasohol

I'm curious. I can understand a whole tablet, a half tablet, or a quarter
tablet. What is magic about a THIRD of a tablet?

It's very technical.

Actually, I meant to type a "4", but I hit the "3" by accident. In a
flash, I thought "Should I bother to correct that?" and the answer was
"Nah...it doesn't matter."...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 31st 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Jay Honeck wrote:
I'm curious. I can understand a whole tablet, a half tablet, or a
quarter tablet. What is magic about a THIRD of a tablet?

It's very technical.

Actually, I meant to type a "4", but I hit the "3" by accident. In a
flash, I thought "Should I bother to correct that?" and the answer was
"Nah...it doesn't matter."...

:-)

Tell the truth Jay. Is it because a 1/2 or full tablet won't fit in the Coke
bottle you are using?

Old May 31st 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
On Thu, 31 May 2007 05:11:27 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label gasoline
contaminated with alcohol?

Worse.
I read that, starting in 2007, in some places, California and some
Canadian Provinces included, it is regulated that all gasoline sold must
contain at least 5% alcohol/ethanol.

Tony

Here in Ontario I was told not all gasoline must have 5% alky, but 5%
of all fuel sold must be alky - so 50% of all fuel sold being E10
satisfies the requirement. In practice, virtually all 87 octane will
be e10. Premium 91 will (from some companies, at least) be E0, making
the blended 89 E5. Since significantly over half the gasoline sold in
Ontario is 87 octane, this would excede the requirements. - Just from
what I've been told, but you can never trust the elected idiots, or
worse yet the beurocrats

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real irritant.
I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel aircraft engines
becoming available. Since I should be making my own biodiesel by the end of
this Summer (for something less than 45 cents a gallon), are any of the new
diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?

Old May 31st 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Al G

Old May 31st 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

...making the blended 89 E5

Only if the blend is 50-50. I bet it's not. Just looking at the octane
numbers, the blend is mostly low test, and the price is mostly high test.

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 31st 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Ken Finney wrote:

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real
irritant. I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel
aircraft engines becoming available. Since I should be making my own
biodiesel by the end of this Summer (for something less than 45 cents
a gallon), are any of the new diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?

You'll never get an STC to put it in a certified aircraft. Better start
thinking experimental.

Old May 31st 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney

wrote:

[...]

Relatives that own restuarants and have to pay to dispose of waste fryer
oil!

Old May 31st 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On May 30, 9:32 pm, "Montblack" Y4_NOT!...
wrote:
("Blueskies" wrote)

Jay, where do you fill the grape from and how do you know there is no evil
alcohol in it?

In the Twin Cities (St Paul / Mpls) the pumps with NO ethanol are marked
special. About 1 in 50 stations has such a pump - and it's usually 93
Premium ...Non-Oxy.

Can I have some shipped out to California? I'm tired of having to
drain my lawn mower and edger after every mowing and having to throw
out the gas in my cans every 30 days. The mower shops are booked up 3
months out cleaning the gook out of carbs.

-Robert

Old May 31st 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On May 31, 11:22 am, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Ken Finney wrote:

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real
irritant. I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel
aircraft engines becoming available. Since I should be making my own
biodiesel by the end of this Summer (for something less than 45 cents
a gallon), are any of the new diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?

You'll never get an STC to put it in a certified aircraft. Better start
thinking experimental.

Actually there is a company with an STC for biodiesel. They have a
C-172 at Sacramento City College that if fully STC'd on biodiesel
rigtht now. If you really want give these guys a call
http://www.do.losrios.cc.ca.us/scc/spring/aviation.htm

-Robert

Old May 31st 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Darrel Toepfer

"Al G" wrote:

What do you grow to make biodiesel?

Freedom Fries...

Gasohol Blueskies Piloting 240 July 6th 07 12:42 AM
Gasohol Blueskies Owning 233 June 30th 07 03:50 AM
How scary is gasohol? Charles Talleyrand Owning 27 March 1st 04 12:39 PM