Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

Old October 24th 05, 09:35 PM
Skylune

Default Bullying desguised (badly) as precaution

Orville: You are right, as usual. Next time you see the ant floating down
the river yelling, "Open the drawbridge," just think of your favorite
little ditty:

"Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Wiener...."

Old October 24th 05, 09:37 PM
Jay Honeck

This forum is a great source of information and, yes!, entertainment for
me in my quest to SAVE THE WORLD from GA.

Thus proving that there really *is* one born every minute.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the nut jobs restricted themselves to saving
the world for snail darters, red tailed owls, and hump-back whales?

Hey Jay, I thought you were going to draw him out using understanding,
and kindness...............

Jester: "He won't engage."

Viper: "Keep sending him up..."

Jay: "Nah..."

I tried engaging him, and got...no answer. It's clear that Skylune is
not interested in an intelligent conversation, but prefers to roll the
proverbial hand grenade down the church pew...

It's too bad, cuz he/she's (occasionally) got a good sense of humor.
I suspect we'd probably all like him/her well enough, over a beer.

I, like you, have little tolerance for
ignorance. I see you gave it a shot though

Oh, well. This is Usenet, so we've got to be thick-skinned enough to
put up with the occasional troll. Eventually we (or he/she) will tire
of the game, and no one will respond anymore.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 24th 05, 09:40 PM
Jay Honeck

So much for the intellectual view point of a New Yawker about midwest corn
farming.

"Intellectual" and "New Yorker" don't belong in the same sentence, Jim.
You should know that by now...

;-)

(Wow -- 9/11 really *must* be becoming ancient history, if it feels
okay to make fun of New Yorkers again...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 24th 05, 09:43 PM
Skylune

Thank you for the correction, and I apologize for the vast
oversimplification of farming subsidies.

Your take on government subsidies (opposed to) does raise some interesting
issues though....

;-)

Old October 24th 05, 09:47 PM
Montblack

("Jim Burns" wrote)
[snip]
So much for the intellectual view point of a New Yawker about midwest corn
farming.

Plus S-lune has recently taken to speaking of himself in the third person.

Montblack

Old October 24th 05, 09:50 PM
Skylune

I like most of the pilots too. Really. For once I am not kidding
around....

I appreciate the maverick streak, stubborness, sticktoitiveness, etc. that
you guys have. All good traits IMO. Also, your willingness to manage risk
to pursue what you love.

Ironically, all this "trolling" here has made me think seriously about
re-starting my training for PPL. Now that I have time, I might just do
it!! Maybe I'll see you in Oshkosh. I'll be the guy with the "Alcohol,
Tobacco and Firearms - should be a convenience store" T-shirt on.

Old October 24th 05, 09:50 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"Skylune" wrote in message
lkaboutaviation.com...
That midwest sissy crap will never work on Skylune. I am from New Yawk,
and think everything east of the Hudson is an intellectual and
environmental wasteland, best relegated to small planes, crappy little
hotels, farmers whose John Deere caps are curved from peering into their
mailboxes each morning to see if their government subsidy checks to keep
corn out of production have arrived, etc.

New York.... Isn't that the city that had to be bailed out like a Kennedy
several years back?

Old October 24th 05, 09:57 PM
Skylune

He has? That Skylune is a real jerk, a total loser who is too cowardly
and unskilled to get his PPL. But maybe that's his impostor doing the
posting. Who can be sure of anything these days?

And, what's with his disdain of Phil Boyer? What has Boyer ever done to
hurt him? I just don't get it...

Old October 24th 05, 09:59 PM
Jim Burns

On a large scale, they have made it impossible to raise corn and not take
the subsidy. Not taking the subsidy would guarantee bankruptcy for
individual farmers, they simply couldn't afford to loose that much money per
acre. If ALL the farmers could refuse it, once the over supply of corn was
consumed, it would be a different story. But trying to organize farmers is
about what I think it would be like to organize New Yorkers.
Jim

lkaboutaviation.com...

Old October 24th 05, 09:59 PM
Allen

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
How do you feel about west of the Hudson?

Haha, Skylune's crack is showing. He had better reach down and pull up his
pants before his brains fall out.

Allen