OT - Plasma TV question

Old February 28th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT - Plasma TV question

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"Jose" wrote:
The DC are the scourge of the earth as far as I am concerned.

Passive can't be beat. I have a pair of DC ANRs and forgot to turn them
on. I flew three hours before I noticed. Then when I turned the ANR on,
there was another big difference (so it's not that the ANR is so poor I
couldn't tell the difference)

Either your hearing or your ANR must be really bad.

All of you that hate your DCs e-mail me and I will give you my address so
you can send me the dastardly things so I can dispose of them properly.
I'll even pay for shipping.

Old February 28th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dave Stadt wrote:

All of you that hate your DCs e-mail me and I will give you my address so
you can send me the dastardly things so I can dispose of them properly.
I'll even pay for shipping.

Hell no, there's always some putz out there that will buy them from my
ebay auction.
Old February 28th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Newps" wrote in message

Dave Stadt wrote:

All of you that hate your DCs e-mail me and I will give you my address so
you can send me the dastardly things so I can dispose of them properly.
I'll even pay for shipping.

Hell no, there's always some putz out there that will buy them from my
ebay auction.

Some putz whose skull is shaped sorta like a figure-8. :~)

Old March 1st 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It would also be cool to have "movie nights" at the inn, showing
classic aviation movies. 'Top Gun' on a 60 inch plasma TV would be a
great draw!

Don't forget "Island in the Sky" and "The High and the Mighty"

Kobra

Old March 1st 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
"Happy Dog" wrote in message
.. .
Huh?

I guess I'm just showing my age... You probably don't remember anything
before 100BaseT, right?

I meant how does this relate to analogue video signals?

Old March 1st 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
.. .
I meant how does this relate to analogue video signals?

Not much... Just reminiscing about running cables for networks back in the
"good ole days"... grin I've used the RG-58 with BNC connectors for audio
and video also... Probably a bit of overkill since most were just between
the various units and as such, a couple of feet at most, but they sure did
result in a professional looking installation...

Old March 1st 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 06:46:59 GMT, "Grumman-581"
wrote:

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
. ..
I meant how does this relate to analogue video signals?

Not much... Just reminiscing about running cables for networks back in the
"good ole days"... grin I've used the RG-58 with BNC connectors for audio
and video also... Probably a bit of overkill since most were just between
the various units and as such, a couple of feet at most, but they sure did
result in a professional looking installation...

OT for R.A.P., but this should entertain you:
http://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn7325.pdf

Here's the operational description from that data sheet:

The EL4543 is designed to differentially drive composite
RGB video signals onto twisted pair lines, while
simultaneously encoding horizontal and vertical sync signals
as common mode output. The entire video signal plus sync
can therefore be transmitted on 3 twisted pairs of wire. When
utilizing CAT-5 cable, the 4th available twisted pair can be
used for transmission of audio, data or control information.
The distribution of composite video over standard CAT-5
cable enables enormous cost and labor savings compared
with traditional coaxial cable, when considering both the
relative low price and ease of pulling CAT-5 cable.

It goes with this part: http://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn7305.pdf

It compensates for differences in prop delay down different pairs in
the CAT5 cable.

Don

Old March 4th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hello & Welcome,
You may view our Free
Guide to Flat Panel TV's as well as browse our direct from the
manufacturer models.
Go to
http://www.pmbbay.com
or www.pmbbay.com

Feel free to email us if you need assistance.
Good Luck!
PMBBAY

Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM
Winching: Steel vs. Plasma Bob Johnson Soaring 10 August 12th 03 05:41 PM