Dead ZAON PCAS MRX

Old November 30th 18, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Dosik

Default Dead ZAON PCAS MRX

My PCAS MRX went TU a few weeks ago. Since ZAON has been out of business since mid 2013, does anyone have a resource for getting it repaired?

Thanks,
Evan,
LS1-f
Old November 30th 18, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 5:34:25 AM UTC-8, Evan Dosik wrote:
My PCAS MRX went TU a few weeks ago. Since ZAON has been out of business since mid 2013, does anyone have a resource for getting it repaired?

Thanks,
Evan,
LS1-f

Perfect time to replace it with a PowerFlarm installation. You get all hour PCAS functionality + PF + we get to see you...
Old November 30th 18, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Evan
I haven even that I'd like to sell
If you are interested contact me off line
danrihn at AOL dot com
Old November 30th 18, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

What Matt said.

I was very happy with my Zaon PCAS for several years until a good deal
on a PowerFlarm portable popped up.Â* I tried it on the ground and was
impressed with the extra stuff that it provided, especially ADS-B
targets.Â* I fly in an area of relatively few gliders and my home field
is directly under an arrival route.Â* I see way more ADS-B targets than
Flarm targets.Â* A big advantage to the Flarm over the PCAS is that for
ADS-B targets, I get bearing, distance, vertical separation and rate of
change.Â* That's a big plus over PCAS which, as you know, only gives you
range and altitude differential. Finally, the world is transitioning to
ADS-B (by mandate) and, though gliders are currently not required to
equip with transponders or ADS-B, that may come as well.

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 2nd 18, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:09:35 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
[...]

I also have taken the P-flarm, ADSB leap. So if anyone is interested in a used Zaon PCAS I have one available too. Was sad to see the company fold. They had great customer service. Also will have a surplus Becker 175W transponder / encoder looking for a new home.

Bob
BV nov44ba@g...
Old December 2nd 18, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

[...]

I also have a Zaon PCAS now surplus, along with a Becker 175W transponder w/ encoder. If interested email nov44bv@the big google.

Bob
BV
Old December 12th 18, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Dosik

Thank you everyone who responded. I'd much prefer a PowerFlarm portable as suggested, and if I can't resurrect the MRX, that will probably be the direction I take. Thanks again to all!
Old December 12th 18, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Don't forget the FlarmBat
https://gliding.lxnav.com/products/flarmbat/

and

Flarm Eagle options as well as the Powerflarm portable.

http://www.lxnavigation.com/flarm-eagle-mobile/

Old December 12th 18, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

On Tuesday, 11 December 2018 18:54:51 UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:
Don't forget the FlarmBat
https://gliding.lxnav.com/products/flarmbat/

and

Flarm Eagle options as well as the Powerflarm portable.

http://www.lxnavigation.com/flarm-eagle-mobile/

Dave, has the FlarmBat been certified in the US and/or Canada?
Old December 12th 18, 04:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

My understanding is that FCC approval has been received for the LX Nav units and the LX Navigation units are in progress.

They both use an OEM Powerflarm chip.

ZAON PCAS MRX Nick Kennedy Soaring 22 October 7th 16 05:52 PM
WTB: Zaon PCAS MRX Paul Villinski Soaring 0 June 5th 16 03:45 PM
FS: PCAS Zaon MRX [email protected] Soaring 2 November 27th 13 11:36 PM
FS: Zaon MRX PCAS Ramy Soaring 8 August 8th 13 06:09 AM
Fs Zaon Pcas Xrx cessna150 Aviation Marketplace 0 January 26th 12 07:02 AM