Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

Old December 2nd 18, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage

On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 6:52:02 PM UTC-8, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:14:07 PM UTC-8, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:57:51 PM UTC-8, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Ain’t that the truth Mark M, just finished sanding and buffing my DG200-17C all over, about 50 hours to get the original Schaballac gelcoat back to looking new,
not bad for a glider made in 1980 to still have original gel in perfect condition.

All the work and you have drip. What to do?

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Stop painting and deal with installing an ADS-B Out system. The change will make sanding seem pleasurable. :-)

Installed one two weeks ago in a MinLak FES it was a lot easier than sanding.

Richard
Old December 2nd 18, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

What Richard said.Â* I installed ADS-B in my Stemme and the hardest part
was removing and replacing all the stuff necessary to get to a flat spot
to mount the hardware.Â* The gigantic antenna was easily installed under
the turtle deck using a design shown to me by another Stemme owner.Â* My
IA inspected my work, said it looked "Perfect", gave me a log book
sticker, sent a 337 to the FAA, and handed me a bill for his time.Â* It
was easy work and the price paid the IA was well worth it!

--
Dan, 5J

Old December 3rd 18, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Lowrie

Back to the refinishing project... I have to commend the guys for
documenting this and tracking the hours... I'm sure many would have
underestimated how long such a refinish might take... I am interested why
they have used Sharpie pens on the paint as opposed to a commercially
available guide coat, which makes sure you have not missed any areas. I
would use guide coat and 800 paper, wet... probably re-guide coat at 1200,

then soft pencil at 1500 before hitting it with G3 to bring out the
shine...
great work though...!...

At 16:36 02 December 2018, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 8:28:38 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
What Richard said.=C2=A0 I installed ADS-B in my Stemme and the

hardest
p=
art=20
was removing and replacing all the stuff necessary to get to a flat

spot=
=20
to mount the hardware.=C2=A0 The gigantic antenna was easily installed

un=
der=20
the turtle deck using a design shown to me by another Stemme

owner.=C2=A0=
My=20
IA inspected my work, said it looked "Perfect", gave me a log book=20
sticker, sent a 337 to the FAA, and handed me a bill for his

time.=C2=A0
=
It=20

wrote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 4:14:07 PM UTC-8, Richard

Pfiffner
wr=
ote:
On Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 1:57:51 PM UTC-8, Charlie

Quebec
wro=
te:
Ain=E2=80=99t that the truth Mark M, just finished sanding and

Old December 4th 18, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

commercial guide coat will work great, I just had the sharpie on hand.

Richard
Old December 4th 18, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

commercial guide coat will work great, I just had the sharpie on hand.

And hopefully, another box of sandpaper.
Old December 22nd 18, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 5:16:54 PM UTC-8, wrote:
commercial guide coat will work great, I just had the sharpie on hand.

And hopefully, another box of sandpaper.

Finish Polish almost done

Old December 24th 18, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 10:21:18 AM UTC-6, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Monday, December 3, 2018 at 5:16:54 PM UTC-8, wrote:
commercial guide coat will work great, I just had the sharpie on hand.

And hopefully, another box of sandpaper.

Finish Polish almost done

http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

The Finnish never had any quarrels with the Polish, but now they are done? Explain, please.
Old December 24th 18, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

The Finnish never had any quarrels with the Polish, but now they are done? Explain, please.

In 1939, the Finns and Poles were inflicted with some quarrelsome Germs. Finally got over it in 1945.
Old December 24th 18, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 8:38:11 AM UTC-6, wrote:
The Finnish never had any quarrels with the Polish, but now they are done? Explain, please.

In 1939, the Finns and Poles were inflicted with some quarrelsome Germs. Finally got over it in 1945.

Hey, careful there. I'm Germish.

refinishing Ventus 2cm- wing profile [email protected] Soaring 20 November 6th 11 01:15 AM
refinishing Stig Pedersen Soaring 1 November 27th 05 05:50 PM
refinishing Stig Pedersen Soaring 1 November 26th 05 10:16 PM
Second speaker in Ventus 2b/c fuselage [email protected] Soaring 3 September 14th 05 05:41 PM
REFINISHING Ventus B Soaring 32 December 3rd 03 11:14 PM