Second speaker in Ventus 2b/c fuselage

Old September 13th 05, 05:09 PM

Default Second speaker in Ventus 2b/c fuselage

I'm installing an LX7000 in my V2C and looking for
the best place to install the vario speaker. Any
suggestions from any V2B or V2C drivers out there
who have done the same?

thanks

-ted/2NO

Old September 13th 05, 09:20 PM
VentusDriver

I have a V2-A, and I picked up a couple of small computer speakers (
about 70mm on a side) I velcroed them onto the shelf behind the pilots
head. One for the vario, one for the radio. I used a four pin connector
to the ships wiring so the panel is still removeable. One good feature
is that the speakers are near your ears, so the volume can be low,
which saves battery power.

GB

Old September 14th 05, 04:06 AM
Kilo Charlie

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm installing an LX7000 in my V2C and looking for
the best place to install the vario speaker. Any
suggestions from any V2B or V2C drivers out there
who have done the same?

thanks

-ted/2NO

Ted....take at look at mine sometime.....will probably work for you.

KC

Old September 14th 05, 05:41 PM

Thanks KC. I didn't know your LS-8 had a V2 fuselage!

There is a removable panel behind the seat back. The top left corner
(to direction of flight) has a pattern of holes behind which is the
radio speaker. The right side has a door that opens up to the battery
compartment. I ended up drilling another set of holes in the top of
that door and mounting the speaker behind it with a pair of cable ties.
It's a perfect location for hearing and not in the way of anything
else.

-ted/2NO

low fuselage trailer ramps [email protected] Soaring 3 July 20th 05 06:44 PM
kevlar in fuselage Rick Walters Soaring 2 January 20th 05 11:59 PM
TURBULATOR TAPE ON VENTUS B Ventus B Soaring 5 February 18th 04 09:27 PM
Ventus & Ventus 2 John W Soaring 3 December 7th 03 04:55 AM
#1 Jet of World War II Christopher Military Aviation 203 September 1st 03 03:04 AM