The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD

Old February 14th 12, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default The Boy Who Flew With Condor DVD

Hi,

A customer sent me some extra (unopened) copies of Disney's "The Boy Who
Flew With Condor" DVDs. I'm helping him sell them. This is a great film.
It is only available by joining the Disney movie club. I have 4 new and 1
used copy for sale. You can see details and many screen captures he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/video...lewWithCondors

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old February 15th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:09:46 PM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
"The Boy Who Flew With Condor"...

Is this about TA ?

See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old February 15th 12, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Funny! ... No.

I put the title down wrong. It should be, "The Boy Who Flew With Condors"
(plural)

Paul Remde

Old February 15th 12, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lanebush

On Feb 15, 9:24*am, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, February 14, 2012 4:09:46 PM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
"The Boy Who Flew With Condor"...

Is this about TA ?

See ya, Dave "YO electric"

I snagged one. Can't wait to see Frank land TA in the duck pond.

Lane
XF
Old February 16th 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Here is a snippet from the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_AROIsszXY
Old February 19th 12, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

Hi Gang
I have just purchased and received a copy of ths DVD. Its excellent
with Walt Disney himself providing some of the commentary. The story
is about someone learning to fly sailplanes and almost everything
shown is as pertinent now as it was back in the 60s. The condors are
spectacular and a flock of several of them are shown flying together.
I guess the film was made prior to the DDT problems that almost wiped
them out in the 60s. A lake landing of a 1-26 is shown with no
probelms, also a landing and takeoff on the beach below Torres Pines,
and an interesting XC for a diamond badge in the Owens Valley in bad
weather. All in all a happy interesting DVD. I would have no
hesitation in recommending this DVD to a general audience or to any of
my sailplane friends.
Dave
Old February 19th 12, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

Hi Gang
I know we are all different but the comments below are almost
unbelievable. Such extremism! What is going on inside his head?
Dave

While this film may appeal to some of us for reasons of nostalgia, do
not under any circumstances show it to a young people you want to
interest in soaring. With it's stiff as a board main character and
general tackiness it will send them straight into the ranks of
paragliders and hang gliders, where they will be lost for a good 30
years until they are too old or too scared to run off cliffs anymore.

--
gotovkotzepkoi

Old February 19th 12, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc

On Feb 19, 11:54*am, kd6veb wrote:
Hi Gang
* I know we are all different but the comments below are almost
unbelievable. Such extremism! What is going on inside his head?
Dave

While this film may appeal to some of us for reasons of nostalgia, do
not under any circumstances show it to a young people you want to
interest in soaring. With it's stiff as a board main character and
general tackiness it will send them straight into the ranks of
paragliders and hang gliders, where they will be lost for a good 30
years until they are too old or too scared to run off cliffs anymore.

--
gotovkotzepkoi

The back-to-back arrival of the National Geographic article and this
episode of The Wonderful World of Disney made it impossible for my
parents to get this crazy idea out of my then 13 yo head, but, that
was 45 years ago. If I tried to show it to my now 13 yo daughter, she
would roll her eyes, and find some excuse to leave the room ASAP.
Sorry, Dave, but in my opinion, he's right, it's a nostalgia trip for
a lot of us, but a repellant to that age range now...

Marc
Old February 19th 12, 10:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Sorry, Dave, but in my opinion, he's right, it's a nostalgia trip for
a lot of us, but a repellant to that age range now...

Marc

I have to agree also. It was a bit painful for ME to watch and I
loved WWOD way back when.

So what we need is to get Lady Gaga involved in soaring. Maybe she
could have a costum "malfunction". That would at least bring in the
boys.
Old February 19th 12, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc

On Feb 19, 1:27*pm, JohnDeRosa wrote:
Sorry, Dave, but in my opinion, he's right, it's a nostalgia trip for
a lot of us, but a repellant to that age range now...

Marc

I have to agree also. *It was a bit painful for ME to watch and I
loved WWOD way back when.

So what we need is to get Lady Gaga involved in soaring. *Maybe she
could have a costum "malfunction". *That would at least bring in the
boys.

Uh, no, at least for my daughter and her minions, listening to Lady
Gaga would be one of the few things more dorky than sitting through an
old-timey flying movie...

Condor+SYM/HP310? sisu1a Soaring 5 November 25th 10 01:20 AM
Condor Soaring Jacob Olsen Soaring 7 January 5th 06 01:11 PM
Condor flight sim nimbusgb Soaring 6 May 18th 05 01:31 PM
TL-232 Condor for sale Sten-Anders Fellman Aviation Marketplace 0 September 26th 04 03:29 PM
We flew the umbrella. RAF flew clamshell ArtKramr Military Aviation 0 July 22nd 04 04:14 PM