141 Schools

Old May 1st 08, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default 141 Schools

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Buttman wrote in
:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

Do I want my
offspring to be a pilot or do I want them to be a regulation expert
with average skills?

Do you think part 61 schools are immune to all of these problems? I've
got news for you, no one is a "real pilot" by your definition at 250
hours, no matter whether they came from a part 141 school, or a part
61 school.

Not unless they;ve learned to shut the fuel off on takeoff, eh?

Bertie

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching your "hot
dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

Old May 1st 08, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

Do I want my
offspring to be a pilot or do I want them to be a regulation expert
with average skills?

Do you think part 61 schools are immune to all of these problems?
I've got news for you, no one is a "real pilot" by your definition
at 250 hours, no matter whether they came from a part 141 school, or
a part 61 school.

Not unless they;ve learned to shut the fuel off on takeoff, eh?

Bertie

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching
your "hot dog" approaches.

After all, skill level and such.

Hot dog apporach?

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahwhahw!

Do keep trying fjukkwit. You're the best whack a mole I've had in ages.

Bertie

Cool, now if you could just learn to whack something besides your pitot
tube.

Old May 1st 08, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RC_Moonpie

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:01:31 -0600, Buttman wrote:

RC_Moonpie wrote:

Do I want my
offspring to be a pilot or do I want them to be a regulation expert with
average skills?

Do you think part 61 schools are immune to all of these problems? I've got
news for you, no one is a "real pilot" by your definition at 250 hours, no
matter whether they came from a part 141 school, or a part 61 school.

And whats with saying part 141 experts are "regulation experts" yet know
nothing about weather. Are you just making these up?

Think I am going to converse with a Buttman? Pfffffft.
Old May 1st 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
RC_Moonpie

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:

On Apr 28, 12:53*pm, RC_Moonpie wrote:
Many of you may not know these places by the phrase "141 school" so I
will give you some great ways to spot them. * If the school is a
university flight department, if the name includes the word Academy, *or
if their ad says anything that refers to training pilots for an airline
position it is a 141 school and you should carefully consider sending
anyone there. * *

No. A 141 school is a flight school that holds an FAA part 141
certificate. Universities may or may not hold 141 certificates. The
main benefit of part 141 is the ability to finance through VA loans.
You can also get an instrument rating without the 50 hours cross
country time. Otherwise, its about the same for students. You cannot
tell if an operation is part 141 without asking or looking them up at
your FSDO.

-Robert, CFII

http://www.leebottom.com/nordo/ARCHIVES/dec2005.htm
Old May 1st 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert M. Gary

On May 1, 11:26*am, RC_Moonpie wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:15:18 -0700 (PDT), Robert M. Gary wrote:

http://www.leebottom.com/nordo/ARCHIVES/dec2005.htm- Hide quoted text -

Posting your opinion on the internet doesn't make it true. It still
does not show any evidence or studies to say that 141 schools are not
great. It also includes numerous factual errors.

-Robert
Old May 1st 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Maxwell wrote:

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching your "hot
dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

I really have to jump in here. Do you really think that an
non-stabilized approach is a "hot dog" approach? Or are you just blowing
smoke at Bertie?
Old May 1st 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote in
m:

Maxwell wrote:

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching
your "hot dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

I really have to jump in here. Do you really think that an
non-stabilized approach is a "hot dog" approach? Or are you just
blowing smoke at Bertie?

And me a non smoker. The inconsiderate nico-nazi....

Bertie
Old May 1st 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Gig 601Xl Builder

RC_Moonpie wrote:
[...]

You do realize that those same freshly certificated CFIs can train under
Part 61 as well don't you? At least at a Part 141 school they are
supervised by a chief instructor who...

(b) For a course of training leading to
the issuance of a recreational or private
pilot certificate or rating, a chief
instructor must have:
(1) At least 1,000 hours as pilot in
command; and
(2) Primary flight training experience,
acquired as either a certificated
flight instructor or an instructor in a
military pilot flight training program,
or a combination thereof, consisting of
at least—
(i) 2 years and a total of 500 flight
hours; or
(ii) 1,000 flight hours.
(c) For a course of training leading to
the issuance of an instrument rating or
a rating with instrument privileges, a
chief instructor must have:
(1) At least 100 hours of flight time
under actual or simulated instrument
conditions;
(2) At least 1,000 hours as pilot in
command; and
(3) Instrument flight instructor experience,
acquired as either a certificated
flight instructor-instrument or an instructor
in a military pilot flight
training program, or a combination
thereof, consisting of at least—
(i) 2 years and a total of 250 flight
hours; or
(ii) 400 flight hours.
(d) For a course of training other
than one leading to the issuance of a
recreational or private pilot certificate
or rating, or an instrument rating or a
rating with instrument privileges, a
chief instructor must have:
(1) At least 2,000 hours as pilot in
command; and
(2) Flight training experience, acquired
as either a certificated flight instructor
or an instructor in a military
pilot flight training program, or a combination
thereof, consisting of at
least—
(i) 3 years and a total of 1,000 flight
hours; or
(ii) 1,500 flight hours.
(e) To be eligible for designation as
chief instructor for a ground school
course, a person must have 1 year of
experience as a ground school instructor
at a certificated pilot school.

An even the assistant chief instructor at a part 141 school must...

(b) For a course of training leading to
the issuance of a recreational or private
pilot certificate or rating, an assistant
chief instructor must have:
(1) At least 500 hours as pilot in command;
and
VerDate Dec132002 14:30 Jan 18, 2003 Jkt 200043 PO 00000 Frm 00010 Fmt
8010 Sfmt 8010 Y:\SGML\200043T.XXX 200043T
11
Federal Aviation Administration, DOT § 141.37
(2) Flight training experience, acquired
as either a certificated flight instructor
or an instructor in a military
pilot flight training program, or a combination
thereof, consisting of at
least—
(i) 1 year and a total of 250 flight
hours; or
(ii) 500 flight hours.
(c) For a course of training leading to
the issuance of an instrument rating or
a rating with instrument privileges, an
assistant chief flight instructor must
have:
(1) At least 50 hours of flight time
under actual or simulated instrument
conditions;
(2) At least 500 hours as pilot in command;
and
(3) Instrument flight instructor experience,
acquired as either a certificated
flight instructor-instrument or an instructor
in a military pilot flight
training program, or a combination
thereof, consisting of at least—
(i) 1 year and a total of 125 flight
hours; or
(ii) 200 flight hours.
(d) For a course of training other
than one leading to the issuance of a
recreational or private pilot certificate
or rating, or an instrument rating or a
rating with instrument privileges, an
assistant chief instructor must have:
(1) At least 1,000 hours as pilot in
command; and
(2) Flight training experience, acquired
as either a certificated flight instructor
or an instructor in a military
pilot flight training program, or a combination
thereof, consisting of at
least—
(i) 11?2 years and a total of 500 flight
hours; or
(ii) 750 flight hours.
(e) To be eligible for designation as
an assistant chief instructor for a
ground school course, a person must
have 6 months of experience as a
Old May 1st 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Gig 601Xl Builder" wrote in message
m...
Maxwell wrote:

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching your
"hot dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

I really have to jump in here. Do you really think that an non-stabilized
approach is a "hot dog" approach? Or are you just blowing smoke at Bertie?

No, just laughing a dumb ass because thinks our collective skills as pilots
are going to hell, because fly traffic patterns.

Old May 1st 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Maxwell wrote:

But surely you would agree to shutting off the fuel while teaching
your "hot dog" approaches. After all, skill level and such.

I really have to jump in here. Do you really think that an
non-stabilized approach is a "hot dog" approach? Or are you just
blowing smoke at Bertie?

No, just laughing a dumb ass because thinks our collective skills as
pilots are going to hell, because fly traffic patterns.

Wel, your language skills are certainly going to hell. And it has
nothing to do with traffic patterns, but how woul dyou know that?

You know **** all.

Bertie