A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

New Butterfly Display Software 3.2

Old March 3rd 15, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

Default New Butterfly Display Software 3.2

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 12:33:53 PM UTC-5, Ramy wrote:
The display may not be backlighted but it is as bright as needed and as easy to read as any other display in my cockpit.
I have many hours of flying with the butterfly in panel display under any lighting conditions and never had an issue reading the display. I had issues early on with the external rectangular display due to polarization issue.
There is definitely room for some improvement in the butterfly display in my wishlist, making it brighter is not one of them.

Ramy

You must have your butterfly display at the top of your panel. I don't have space there. Mine goes at far left (schleicher panel) and it is quite difficult to read there. The audio is more useful than anything else.

Evan
Old March 3rd 15, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

The display may not be backlighted but it is as bright as needed and as easy to read as any other display in my cockpit.
I have many hours of flying with the butterfly in panel display under any lighting conditions and never had an issue reading the display. I had issues early on with the external rectangular display due to polarization issue..
There is definitely room for some improvement in the butterfly display in my wishlist, making it brighter is not one of them.

Ramy

I have my Butterfly display in the middle of the panel on the right side. It is wonderful. I never had any problem reading it and it consumes very little power. I also like the clear presentation of data. The UI is simple and not crowded with unnecessary information. Precisely what I need.
Old March 3rd 15, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 5:15:06 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
I have many hours of flying with the butterfly in panel display under any lighting conditions and never had an issue reading the display. I had issues early on with the external rectangular display due to polarization issue.

Ramy

I have my Butterfly display in the middle of the panel on the right side. It is wonderful. I never had any problem reading it and it consumes very little power. I also like the clear presentation of data. The UI is simple and not crowded with unnecessary information. Precisely what I need.

Here's mine, at far left of panel. It's more visible in the cockpit than in the video, but really it's pretty poor. Needs a good strong led backlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APMTBfz6XZ0

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old March 3rd 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 5:47:55 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:

Ramy

Here's mine, at far left of panel. It's more visible in the cockpit than in the video, but really it's pretty poor. Needs a good strong led backlight.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Are you sure it is on? I can't see a thing.
Old March 4th 15, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 6:12:49 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Tuesday, March 3, 2015 at 5:47:55 PM UTC-5, Tango Eight wrote:

Ramy

Evan Ludeman / T8

Are you sure it is on? I can't see a thing.

Oh it's on, the beeping you hear with the flarm warning is from the butterfly. If you look really close you can see the warning display come up. Glad I have that ClearNav.

-Evan
Old March 4th 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor
external usenet poster

I have no problem seeing mine except the polarization is off 90 degrees from my Serengeti's. It is bright and I would not want to race without it even with SeeYou Mobile as my computer display.

If I did not have one the price from Paul would be a good investment.
Old March 8th 15, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Your wife has read the book she will probably see the film-- we can fly it
50 SHADES OF GREY The butterfly 57mm display.
Gentlemen, other firms can do it so why can't you
Regards Robert Simpson