Scaring my cat

Old June 24th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Scaring my cat

Nomen Nescio wrote:

The Blue Angels seem to have picked my house as
a turning point for this weekend's airshow. They've been
flying over at a few hundred feet in a tight bank all day.
I've been enjoying the show.
TK, however, has been dashing under the dining room
table every time they pass overhead and then giving me
that wide eyed,"WTF", look.
F-18s. low ceilings, and wimpy cats just don't mix.

Maybe my cats are stupid, but they LOVE living right next to one of the
busiest airports in the country. Doesn't compare to an F-18, of course,
but when FedEx flies over the house at midnight, they sit in the windows
and howl at the plane. It's really weird.
Old June 25th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Emily wrote:

Doesn't compare to an F-18, of course,
but when FedEx flies over the house at midnight, they sit in the windows
and howl at the plane. It's really weird.

UPS drivers in another life.

--
Peter
Old June 26th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter R." wrote in message
Emily wrote:

Doesn't compare to an F-18, of course,
but when FedEx flies over the house at midnight, they sit in the windows
and howl at the plane. It's really weird.

UPS drivers in another life.

--
Peter

UPS drivers don't come back as cats. I'm sure they come back as a much lower
form of life.

Old June 26th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

UPS drivers don't come back as cats. I'm sure they come back as a much lower
form of life.

My local UPS folks are excellent.
Old June 26th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

UPS drivers don't come back as cats. I'm sure they come back as a much lower
form of life.

Hmmm, the drivers who serve my neighborhood have all been excellent. Very
friendly and likable. What's been your experience?

--
Peter
Old June 26th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter R." wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

UPS drivers don't come back as cats. I'm sure they come back as a much
lower
form of life.

Hmmm, the drivers who serve my neighborhood have all been excellent. Very
friendly and likable. What's been your experience?

--
Peter

Two broken computer monitors last week from the rough handling that some of
which I watched take place. One was dropped from the back of the truck to
the ground.

Old June 26th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Peter R." wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

UPS drivers don't come back as cats. I'm sure they come back as a much
lower
form of life.

Hmmm, the drivers who serve my neighborhood have all been excellent. Very
friendly and likable. What's been your experience?

--
Peter

Two broken computer monitors last week from the rough handling that some of
which I watched take place. One was dropped from the back of the truck to
the ground.

That's not the pilot's fault!
Old June 26th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Peter R." wrote in message
Hmmm, the drivers who serve my neighborhood have all been excellent. Very
friendly and likable. What's been your experience?

Delivery drivers I've dealt with -- UPS, FedEx, Airborne, whatever -- have
generally been quite friendly and polite. Until they get back into their
truck. Then they race through the neighborhood, making more noise than is
necessary (loud acceleration, heavy braking), tailgating other vehicles, and
endangering all of us with their speed and recklessness.

I have yet to see any delivery driver actually driving safely. Granted,
they aren't generally a LOT worse than many of the other drivers coming
through, but a) they are supposed to be professionals, and b) they are
piloting quite a bit more mass than most of the other drivers too.

I'm not convinced that this qualifies them for reincarnation lower than a
cat, but it surely doesn't help their case any either.

Pete

Old June 26th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Two broken computer monitors last week from the rough handling that some
of which I watched take place. One was dropped from the back of the truck
to the ground.

That's not the pilot's fault!

If by "pilot" you mean "driver", in what way is it not the "pilot"'s fault?

The driver is the person handling the packages in the field. Beyond the
trauma that poor driving causes, the only person around to drop a monitor
from the back of the truck at the point of delivery would be the driver.
That sounds like *all* the driver's fault.

Pete

Old June 26th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter Duniho wrote:

Then they race through the neighborhood, making more noise than is
necessary (loud acceleration, heavy braking), tailgating other vehicles, and
endangering all of us with their speed and recklessness.

Good observation. I hadn't given that much thought, but upon reading your
post I would have to agree.

--
Peter

Scaring my cat Sylvain Piloting 0 June 24th 06 03:28 AM
Scaring my cat Paul Tomblin Piloting 0 June 24th 06 03:16 AM
Scaring my cat Judah Piloting 0 June 24th 06 01:24 AM