TE Probe on ASW-15

Old April 23rd 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default TE Probe on ASW-15

I'm trying to have an Ilec TE Probe mounted on my ASW-15. It looks
like one will have to cut a hole behind the rudder to fit the probe
from the backside of the fin. If anyone has any information or better
yet some pictures or drawings on the best way to install this, it
would be a great help.
Thank You
Bob

Old April 23rd 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Apr 22, 7:08 pm, wrote:
I'm trying to have an Ilec TE Probe mounted on my ASW-15. It looks
like one will have to cut a hole behind the rudder to fit the probe
from the backside of the fin. If anyone has any information or better
yet some pictures or drawings on the best way to install this, it
would be a great help.
Thank You
Bob

I would try a fuse mounted one.

http://www.ssa.org/members/johnson/f...89-1998-04.pdf

Old April 23rd 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 22, 9:30 pm, mike wrote:
On Apr 22, 7:08 pm, wrote:

I'm trying to have an Ilec TE Probe mounted on my ASW-15. It looks
like one will have to cut a hole behind the rudder to fit the probe
from the backside of the fin. If anyone has any information or better
yet some pictures or drawings on the best way to install this, it
would be a great help.
Thank You
Bob

I would try a fuse mounted one.

http://www.ssa.org/members/johnson/f...89-1998-04.pdf

I made a TE probe per Johnson's plans and installed it on my Cherokee
over the winter. It seemed to work very well on my 5:20 flight 2
weeks ago. It is a little sensitive to gusts right now, i think I
need to add a constriction in the line to settle it down a little.

Old April 24th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mattm

On Apr 22, 10:48 pm, wrote:
On Apr 22, 9:30 pm, mike wrote:

On Apr 22, 7:08 pm, wrote:

I'm trying to have an Ilec TE Probe mounted on my ASW-15. It looks
like one will have to cut a hole behind the rudder to fit the probe
from the backside of the fin. If anyone has any information or better
yet some pictures or drawings on the best way to install this, it
would be a great help.
Thank You
Bob

I would try a fuse mounted one.

http://www.ssa.org/members/johnson/f...89-1998-04.pdf

I made a TE probe per Johnson's plans and installed it on my Cherokee
over the winter. It seemed to work very well on my 5:20 flight 2
weeks ago. It is a little sensitive to gusts right now, i think I
need to add a constriction in the line to settle it down a little.

We did the same thing with our L-13 Blanik trainer over the winter.
We mounted it in the middle of the
turtledeck ahead of the radio antenna. We did find that we had to
make it longer than the one
Francois Pin made for his PW-5 though, in order to get above the
turbulence from the canopy at higher
alpha.

Old April 29th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 24, 11:05 am, mattm wrote:
On Apr 22, 10:48 pm, wrote:

On Apr 22, 9:30 pm, mike wrote:

On Apr 22, 7:08 pm, wrote:

[...]

alpha.- Hide quoted text -

Thank You for your ideas. I was able to fit the probe in the fin after
we made an access hole in the rear of the fin and one along the
leading edge. The mount was then fitted through the rear hole and
expoxied in place. I would also like to thank Eastern Sailplane for
taking time on the phone to explain how they mounted their TE Probe on
their ASW-15. Now all we need is some nice weather in the North
Eastern US to try it out.

Bob

Replacement JPI EGT probe Robert M. Gary Piloting 4 July 16th 05 02:28 AM
Multi - probe KP Soaring 1 March 7th 05 06:03 PM
TE-Probe for 1-26D Heinz Gehlhaar Soaring 6 January 17th 05 10:52 PM
TE probe for SGS2-33 Rod Pool Soaring 1 May 20th 04 06:08 PM
Cleaning a 3-way TE probe Jack Glendening Soaring 37 November 5th 03 06:45 PM