FAA InFO on Sailplanes and Transponders

Old June 17th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default FAA InFO on Sailplanes and Transponders

http://tinyurl.com/mc2xmg

Old June 17th 09, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kd6veb

On Jun 17, 8:45*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/mc2xmg

It appears that this new FAA document pertains to the installation
and maintenance of transponders and other equipment mostly covered by
earlier advisory circulars. I don't think it adds anything new and
appears to be mostly boiler plate stuff. If in any way it addresses
the problem with the glider/Hawker midair I am missing something. If
anyone sees this differently from me please educate me. I do have
serious concerns about glider/other aircraft midair collisions and
have transponders on all my flying machines including my ultralight
SparrowHawk which is not considered to be an aircraft by the FAA,
However I repeat that I fail to see how this new FAA communication
adds anything new.
Dave
Old June 17th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Jun 17, 11:13*am, kd6veb wrote:
On Jun 17, 8:45*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/mc2xmg

*It appears that this new FAA document pertains to the installation
and maintenance of transponders and other equipment mostly covered by
earlier advisory circulars. I don't think it adds anything new and
appears to be mostly boiler plate stuff. If in any way it addresses
the problem with the glider/Hawker midair I am missing something. If
anyone sees this differently from me please educate me. I do have
serious concerns about glider/other aircraft midair collisions and
have transponders on all my flying machines including my ultralight
SparrowHawk which is not considered to be an aircraft by the FAA,
However I repeat that I fail to see how this new FAA communication
adds anything new.
Dave

It doesn't, other than the FAA is currently in the loop.
Old June 18th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

It appears that they are just providing a source of information for glider
pilots that would want to install a transponder.. properly.

BT

Old June 18th 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

And maybe to wave something in front of the NTSB and the Examiner.

On Jun 17, 8:43*pm, "BT" wrote:
[...]

"A Guide to Transponders in Sailplanes" - updated! Eric Greenwell[_2_] Soaring 31 February 22nd 08 08:58 PM
transponders in EU Sandro Soaring 2 February 2nd 07 01:02 PM
Transponders [email protected] Home Built 2 March 2nd 05 02:39 AM
POSA Carb Info and HAPI Engine Info Bill Home Built 0 March 8th 04 08:23 PM
Starting new info site need info from the pros MRQB Piloting 7 January 5th 04 03:20 AM