Best club and commercial web sites

Old September 23rd 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

Default Best club and commercial web sites

On Sep 16, 5:36*am, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 18:03:23 -0700, Ken Kochanski (KK) wrote:
On Sep 13, 1:09*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:01:15 -0700, Vsoars wrote:
Which clubs and commercial operations have outstanding web sites that
make people eager to give soaring a try? *Out of date sites with
pictures that don’t include recent improvements and *photographs that
are obviously from another decade can’t help us recruit members.
Great web sites can. *Please give us some inspiration.

While its not in the States, I think my club (Cambridge) has a decent
site:http://www.glide.co.uk/

But I think the best I've seen for attracting new blood to gliding is
the London Gliding Club:http://www.londonglidingclub.co.uk/

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Nice website and nice glider port ...

Do you guys ever ridge soar on that hill in the background?

I've only flown at LGC once in a very strong westerly. The ridge was
working well. It was fun zipping past Whipsnade zoo and looking down on
the penguins and wallabies before turning and beating back. You have to
be low past the zoo because Luton said to stay below 1000 west of the
airfield. Such a shame.....

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Thanks to all of you for the great information and analysis of the
important elements that make a successful web site. One conclusion is
obvious- many clubs have talented people who have created wonderful
web pages that motivate people to discover soaring. Also many clubs
have a social environment that keeps members active in soaring.

It’s not too late to send me more information. We are on our 10th day
without power in my part of Houston. (Our gliderport was not harmed
and the soaring since the hurricane has been good.) As soon as I can,
I will study the elements that the best sites possess and the
commentary you provided about the essential elements a soaring site
needs. Then I’ll write something for SOARING or E-News.

Old September 24th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I haven't updated the look and feel of our website in a couple of
years, but it continues to bring in both rides and new members.

www.valleysoaring.org