Student Pilot & skydivers

Old February 3rd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Student Pilot & skydivers

Question; Student pilot drops 3 sky divers from a C-172 and FAA says
they are going to violate him but his CFI comes to rescue and saves the
day......
HOW?
BTW - this is a real story and event that took place nearly 40 years
ago in Louisiana.

Old February 3rd 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...

Question; Student pilot drops 3 sky divers from a C-172 and FAA says
they are going to violate him but his CFI comes to rescue and saves the
day......
HOW?

The CFI endorsed him to solo before being the third skydiver out of the
airplane.

Old February 4th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

CFI was last one out.

oups.com...

Old February 4th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 18:30:07 -0600, Mike Weller
wrote:

Buddy of mine used to fly skydiving ops in the early 1970s.

One time, after a long, hot climb to altitude in a 182, as the
skydivers exited, one of them grabbed the ignition key, turned
it to the "OFF" position and promptly exited the aircraft with the
key in his hand (my fiend, choices somewhat limited, glided back
to the airport below and dead-sticked her in).

After that, he always carried a spare key in his pocket for the
skydiving airplane he happened to be flying....

Bela P. Havasreti

On 3 Feb 2006 13:51:52 -0800, wrote:

Question; Student pilot drops 3 sky divers from a C-172 and FAA says
they are going to violate him but his CFI comes to rescue and saves the
day......
HOW?
BTW - this is a real story and event that took place nearly 40 years
ago in Louisiana.

A lot of things went on with sky divers back then.

I had my commercial license, so I wasn't exactly a student pilot.

But I flew out of short runways with a "fully loaded" airplane.

Mike Weller

Old February 4th 06, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Macklin wrote:
CFI was last one out.

You stay here, I'm going for help...
Old February 4th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote:

Buddy of mine used to fly skydiving ops in the early 1970s.

One time, after a long, hot climb to altitude in a 182, as the
skydivers exited, one of them grabbed the ignition key, turned
it to the "OFF" position and promptly exited the aircraft with the
key in his hand (my fiend, choices somewhat limited, glided back
to the airport below and dead-sticked her in).

After that, he always carried a spare key in his pocket for the
skydiving airplane he happened to be flying....

the urban legend that got done to death some years ago in the skydiving
group...

I don't know the US regs but I rather suspect they're like ours and
unlicensed illegal interfering with an aircraft carries a large fine
and jail time..

Old February 4th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 09:09:08 -0600, Rachel wrote:

You know, I've heard that story so many times, and I know it's supposed
to be funny, but all I can think is how irresponsible it is.

Years ago, my skydiving instructor showed up seriously hungover to
make his first jump with the college skydiving club. When he
attempted to deploy his main canopy, his pilot chute was connected to
a bedsheet full of empty beer cans.

He told me this story after my second static jump, he was the last one
out of the airplane that day, streamered, and had to come down on the
reserve.

Didn't really seem like the beer can thing bugged him, I would have
been seriously peeved.

My first boss told me that two things free-fall out of the sky-bird
poop and assholes...

TC
Old February 5th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

This thread is stuck in a timewarp!

The Monk