Glasflügel H301 Libelle wanted

Old July 24th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dirk Beerbohm

Default Glasflügel H301 Libelle wanted

Hello out there,

we are looking for a Glasflügel H301 Libelle glider - in a reasonably
good condition.
This is the only "Libelle" glider with flaps.

Do you have on for sale or do you know pilots who own such a Libelle and think
of selling it.

Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Old July 24th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair

My Schuemanized H-301b, Libelle has just been put
up for sale. Pointed nose, hinged low profile rear
canopy, full Schueman mod + wing fairings. I gave it
a thorough annual this spring and she's in good shape
except for some gel-coat issues (small blisters from
not airing out the trailer one year) Good instruments
and an Eberly trailer. She'll damned near run with
the 20's, quite a bargin for 14ish. Contact me and
I'll put you in touch with the owner.
JJ

Old July 25th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 24, 4:34 pm, John Sinclair
wrote:
[...]

Hey JJ - Is this the one with the "different" forward fuselage ?
Any pictures online ?
See ya, Dave

Old July 25th 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair

Hey JJ - Is this the one with the 'different' forward
fuselage ?
Any pictures online ?
See ya, Dave

Hi Dave,
Yep, it actually has a Kestral forward canopy and a
hinged low profile rear canopy to smooth out the air-flow.
I have an 8X10 shot of the ship at Minden 100 years
ago and a digital camera, Can I take a picture of
the 8X10 and send it to you, then you post it?
JJ
PS, sure like the SN10, that wind saves my butt on
most every flight. The wind arrow shows me exactly
where to check for lift when low in the mountains.

Old July 25th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

In article ,
Dirk Beerbohm wrote:

Hello out there,

we are looking for a Glasflügel H301 Libelle glider - in a reasonably
good condition.
This is the only "Libelle" glider with flaps.

Do you have on for sale or do you know pilots who own such a Libelle and think
of selling it.

Any information is welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

I just noticed that my old H301 (3K) is up for sale on the Wings and
Wheels website. This bird originally belonged to George Squillario
(spelling?). Ed Byars told me that Guy, when he was around 3 or 4 years
old, ran up one wing and down the other on this ship.

This is one of the few Libelles that has not had the fuselage broken so
it is very light. We put a wave guage on the wings before refinishing
them. It had extremely smooth wings and performed very well. My partner
put mylar seals on it after the refinish. I think those were a mistake.
I think it is better to have the internal teflon seals for lower control
friction. The mylar seals don't offer any advantage since the airflow is
not laminar that far back on the wing and the mylars trap water against
the wing surface.

When we had this ship, the original wheel was damaged when the tire
pressure got low and the bulging tire caught the brake arm and broke the
backing plate out on landing. We installed a new TOST wheel. The TOST
brake was not as good as the original Zundapp motorcycle brake.

This ship has the better looking (but not as practical) low "racing"
canopy.

The tail chute was installed and functional when I had it. Guess it's
still there.

The trailer we had just before I sold my share to my partner was a
Pfieffer that had housed a Mosquito that was destroyed in a crash. I
seem to remember it was a good trailer, but swayed when being towed
without the glider in it (I had occasion to retrieve the Mosquito a time
or two).

I don't have any connection with the seller, just wanted to comment on
my old ship.

Wallace Berry
currently flying H301 #19 "WB" (which is not quite as good as ol' 3K)
Old July 26th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jul 25, 8:42 am, John Sinclair
wrote:
Hey JJ - Is this the one with the 'different' forward
fuselage ?
Any pictures online ?
See ya, Dave

Hi Dave,
Yep, it actually has a Kestral forward canopy and a
hinged low profile rear canopy to smooth out the air-flow.
I have an 8X10 shot of the ship at Minden 100 years
ago and a digital camera, Can I take a picture of
the 8X10 and send it to you, then you post it?
JJ
PS, sure like the SN10, that wind saves my butt on
most every flight. The wind arrow shows me exactly
where to check for lift when low in the mountains.

Sure is a pretty ship, but not so good a photo !
http://www.nadler.com/public/JJs_301.jpg
Anybody got something better ?

JJ - Did we first meet when you brought this ship to
the 15-meter nats at Ionia or Elmira around 1981-2 ?
OK, its official, we're old farts...

See ya, Dave

PS: Thanks for the kind words re ILEC SN10 !

Old July 26th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair

Sure is a pretty ship, but not so good a photo !
http://www.nadler.com/public/JJs_301.jpg
Anybody got something better ?

I believe the photo shows Dick Schreader in the prototype
HP-18 just behind my 301, wasn't his call sign 1 ?

JJ - Did we first meet when you brought this ship to
the 15-meter nats at Ionia or Elmira around 1981-2
?
OK, its official, we're old farts...

I took it to Ionia for the 15 meter nationals about
'82. Loved that ship, but the SSA went with manufactures
GW and that's 662 pounds.....................No way,
I couldn't make it without any water. She's a good
ship in sports class, but the Schuemaized Libelle is
something like 5 points lower than a stock 301....................
......don't believe its that good. I flew a stock 301
in the Reese nats and was doing OK until I had a brain
fart.
Yep, we're Geesers. Still love to race, just wish
I was better at it!
JJ

Old July 26th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

there is at least one 301 Libelle on Wings & Wheels
"Want Ad's" http://www.wingsandwheels.com/wantads1.htm
tim

wrote:
[...]

Wanted Libelle 201b Canopy Fish Soaring 2 June 1st 06 07:10 PM
Wanted: Libelle 201 (USA) Tim Hanke Soaring 0 February 8th 05 07:14 PM
Advice on H301 Libelle 17m ruediger Soaring 14 July 16th 04 08:52 PM
Libelle Web Site f.blair Soaring 0 June 23rd 04 08:06 AM
Libelle owners f.blair Soaring 1 June 23rd 04 03:05 AM