trying to work out how you connect the flarm view 57 to mini box flarm running a V7 and Oudie

Old April 8th 16, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Marshall[_2_]

Default trying to work out how you connect the flarm view 57 to mini box flarm running a V7 and Oudie

Hello all,

I have a really good set up that has worked with no issues.

V7 with a IGC LXNav mini box flarm connected to an Oudie 2.

I'm thinking of putting a Flarm view 57 into the panel.

Has anyone else done this?

Best regards,
Michael

Old April 9th 16, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 4:00:07 PM UTC-4, Michael Marshall wrote:
Hello all,

I have a really good set up that has worked with no issues.

V7 with a IGC LXNav mini box flarm connected to an Oudie 2.

I'm thinking of putting a Flarm view 57 into the panel.

Just curious. What does the Flarmview get you that exceeds the V7 Flarm alerts and the Oudie See You Flarm alerts. Can you hook up a speaker to an Oudie 2 and get the voice Flarm alerts?

A Flarm Splitter might get you what you want http://www.aeroshop.eu/en/lx-flarm-splitter.html
Old April 9th 16, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

A dedicated screen independent of your Seeyou map scale showing the approximate position and distance of Flarm contacts outside the warning range.
Old April 10th 16, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Orton[_4_]

Hi

Yes it has been done. A way to do it is use a splitter between the V7/S7 and the Flarm as per the diagram in the manual. Ah it seem I can't include the diagram in this post but it is on page 43 of the S7 manual.