jet powered personal glider

Old February 28th 05, 08:17 AM

I consider all of your previous objections to be advantages on my part.

Quote:

"A. Aren't a pilot
B. Aren't an engineer
C. Have assembled a aircraft design team without an aeronautical
engineer
D. Don't know what it takes to build, analyze, static test, or flight
test an
aircraft.
E. Aren't familiar with the FAA rules for certifying aircraft.
F. Haven't done a shred of research on the field to know of the other
small
jets being developed by companies that HAVE all the above experience.
For
example: "

A) Pilots don't design planes, they fly them.
B)I'm not bound to the overhead of having "a career on the line". I
don't know of the accepted design boundaries. I'm not associated with
any university, corporation, or other institution that is going to
thwart any new discoveries by the process of "peer review". Engineers
out there ought to be keenly aware of these handicaps.
C)Same advatages as above.
D)I don't need to know everything. Every task will be deligated to the
most qualified. That's my accepted responsibility.
E)I am determined to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that the FAA is a
hinderance to all intellectual activity or scientific discovery. They
will not be necessary for the prototype development and would only get
in the way.
F)I wish not to be influenced by old ideas when my stated objective is
to develop "new" technology!

Old February 28th 05, 08:50 AM

You're not going to be able to fish design secrets or information
sources from me so give it up. I've had a great time and it's been
entertaining. I wasn't looking for a debate, but it's been fun.

Old February 28th 05, 03:41 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 27 Feb 2005 23:53:53 -0800, "
wrote:

I will definitely and absolutely defy all bureaucracy until after the
prototype is completed. To reiterate, I will not tolerate any
interference from any government or private agency or institution
during the prototype phase of this project.

In which case, I assume that you developing the aircraft outside of the US,
since, by law, you can't fly the airplane here unless the FAA grants you an
airworthiness certificate. Unless you're going for an
Experimental/Amateur-Built license, the FAA won't grant you such a certificate
until you prove to them that the airplane is adequately designed. And the
Exp/Am-Built only lets you build *one* airplane...if you want to go into
production, the FAA *seriously* gets involved.

So...how are you intending to keep then away?

On 28 Feb 2005 00:17:27 -0800, "
wrote:

I consider all of your previous objections to be advantages on my part.

Quote:

"A. Aren't a pilot"

A) Pilots don't design planes, they fly them.

True, but what you are designing will be operated by pilots. TV wasn't
developed by a blind person, nor were computers developed by people who couldn't
handle mathematics.

B. Aren't an engineer

B)I'm not bound to the overhead of having "a career on the line". I
don't know of the accepted design boundaries. I'm not associated with
any university, corporation, or other institution that is going to
thwart any new discoveries by the process of "peer review". Engineers
out there ought to be keenly aware of these handicaps.

Ever hear of a man named Burt Rutan? He's an engineer and aircraft designer,
and doesn't seem to be hindered by "having a career on the line" nor is he
limited by knowledge of the accepted design boundaries. His designs have
bordered on the fantastic, but he hasn't been hindered by any peer reviews.

And you know, *he* doesn't have any problems finding investors....

C. Have assembled a aircraft design team without an aeronautical
engineer

C)Same advatages as above.

The purpose of an engineering education is to be able to understand *why* things
won't work. Say someone came to you claiming that they had developed a
fantastic new aircraft generator. Say you glanced at the design and noted the
output wires were 26 gauge. Your past experience would tell you this was
totally inadequate...you wouldn't need to install the unit in an airplane to
find this out.

Due to his or her background knowledge, an aeronautical engineer will be able to
prevent the design from dead-end routes. There's little that hasn't been tried,
at some point, and part of an engineering education is to know *why* some things
wouldn't work. Yes, a sharp-edged airfoil is faster...but an aeronautical
engineer would know the drawbacks when it came to slow-speed handling.

D. Don't know what it takes to build, analyze, static test, or flight
test an aircraft.

D)I don't need to know everything. Every task will be deligated to the
most qualified. That's my accepted responsibility.

Certainly! But you've already rejected hiring the kind of person (e.g.,
aeronautical engineer) who would *know* how to do this stuff. And without a
general understand of the process, what do you use as a basic for estimating
costs and schedules?

E. Aren't familiar with the FAA rules for certifying aircraft.

E)I am determined to prove beyond a shadow of doubt that the FAA is a
hinderance to all intellectual activity or scientific discovery. They
will not be necessary for the prototype development and would only get
in the way.

I think most of us here agree with the sentiment, but the realities of law, as I
explained above, are different.

F. Haven't done a shred of research on the field to know of the other
small jets being developed by companies that HAVE all the above experience.

F)I wish not to be influenced by old ideas when my stated objective is
to develop "new" technology!

Start with a basic trade study of ambulatory and communicative skills between
specie and bovine excretatory products....

Ron Wanttaja
Old February 28th 05, 04:00 PM
George Patterson

" wrote:

I will definitely and absolutely defy all bureaucracy until after the
prototype is completed. To reiterate, I will not tolerate any
interference from any government or private agency or institution
during the prototype phase of this project.

Then it will never leave the ground in any country that has a government.
Certainly not in the US or Europe.

George Patterson
I prefer Heaven for climate but Hell for company.
Old February 28th 05, 05:58 PM
Warren

Ok, I see there is some confusion. Here is a link to the eclipse
aviation jet:
http://www.ainonline.com/issues/08_0...esseespg1.html

I am not a proponent of the eclipse plane because it is backed by Bill
Gates himself. If it flies anything like microsoft windows, I don't
want to be in it. Also, the FAA has no business being involved in
prototype development. The only result I see in the program is a cluge.

You clearly don't know anything about designing aircraft, avionics or about
Eclipse. Just because you've tinkered with aircraft motors generators for a
few years don't go thinking you're actually qualified to do anything else.
Your web site doesn't exactly inspire confidence when it says "I'm not
bonded, have no degrees nor am I certified for any purpose..."

Old March 1st 05, 12:17 AM

To all who have posted in this thread,

I am Bobby Garner, owner of the website located at
http://www.freewebs.com/aircraftpowe...s/services.htm I
am not a member of this forum..

Someone named Curtis has quoted me and used this URL rather loosely
here, and I want to make it absolutely clear that I have no interest in
the subject matter of this thread and have not contributed in any way
to any of the ideas being bantered around here.

Curtis is my son who was visiting and he used my computer to initiate
and post to this group. I have no interest in buildiing an aircraft of
any description. My interest and experience is in general aviation
electrical systems, and electronic component design.

Curtis is an adult and I am not responsible for his actions, or stated
claims.

Bobby Garner

Old March 1st 05, 02:08 AM
Juan Jimenez

It's already been done, and I doubt 85 lb thrust will get you any kind of
decent performance with two people. Also, remember that small turbine
engines guzzle fuel like there's no tomorrow.

You need to look at the Caproni jet motorglider (240 lbf Microturbo
TRS-18-046), and also at Bob Carlton's Silent Wings motorglider (using AMT
USA twin 45 lbf turbines).

wrote in message
oups.com...
With an 85-lb jet engine, I should be able to come up with a
two-seater, single engine glider that would be much more affordable and
efficient than the eclipse jet. This plane would be ideal for
pilot/owners who want to fly cross-country in their own jet. Forget 3.6
million, or 850000 dollar price tag. Why not go for a 250,000 dollar
price tag and for a plane that doesn't need a parachute? Any investors
out there? I could build the first prototype for the price of one
eclipse jet.

I have an electrical engineer and a mechanical engineer and I myself am
a geometrical designer. I will design the shape of the plane and
coordinate the various tasks, the electrical engineer will design super
efficient electronic power saving components and the mechanical
engineer will handle the machine parts, tooling, and plastic molding.
We have better- than -DSP electronic motor control technology.

Please let me know if you want to be involved.

http://www.freewebs.com/aircraftpowerelectronics/

Old March 1st 05, 06:10 AM
Montblack

(Bobby Garner wrote)
snips
I am Bobby Garner, owner of the website located at
http://www.freewebs.com/aircraftpowe...s/services.htm I
am not a member of this forum..

Curtis is my son who was visiting and he used my computer to initiate
and post to this group. I have no interest in buildiing an aircraft of
any description. My interest and experience is in general aviation
electrical systems, and electronic component design.

Hey Bobby G,

Stick around. Lurk for a spell if you'd like. This is a great group of
people. These are interesting newsgroups to participate in. You might even
recognize a few of the people who pop in here from time to time.

You could post us a description about your aviation business. Got a plane?
Rent? Student? Where about do you fly out of? Etc. Whatever you want. Nice
group of people here in rec.aviation.owning and over at
rec.aviation.piloting.

rec.aviation.piloting
rec.aviation.owning

Oh, about your boy. Well, what can we say...kids! Which, btw, was an
aviation related topic in a different thread just yesterday.

Montblack

Old March 15th 05, 11:07 PM

This is Curtis again. I'm sorry that my dad did so little to support my
claims or anything else. Most of you misquoted me and added more to it
than what I said. I didn't say I had no university education. I didn't
say a lot, however, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. If
you need convincing, you belong in another thread or something. No one
has seen a formal contract or statement of any kind because no one has
asked for one. I conclude that all of you are all talk and no action. I
plan to go ahead with formal planning and to have a formal business
proposal, including opportunities for outside involvement, through
investment, or more importantly, intellectual collaboration. This
outside involvement will preferably include people who can read entire
paragraphs before they open their mouth or make any other premature
response.

Curtis Garner

Sport Pilot - School Won't Offer Gary G Piloting 38 February 16th 05 10:41 AM
Bad publicity David Starer Soaring 18 March 8th 04 03:57 PM
I wish I'd never got into this... Kevin Neave Soaring 32 September 19th 03 12:18 PM
Latest Newsletter Pipistrel Motorgliders Michael Coates Soaring 20 September 19th 03 01:25 AM