Soaring Tech - November Soaring

Old October 29th 09, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
126Driver

Default Soaring Tech - November Soaring

Looks like a blatant Craggy Aero advertisement. Any type of hard or
soft compensation involved in this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim Smyth
Old October 29th 09, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Oct 29, 2:29*pm, 126Driver wrote:
Looks like a blatant Craggy Aero advertisement. Any type of hard or
soft compensation involved in this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim Smyth

Maybe Bill was impressed.
He commonly has nice things to say about the products he reviews. He
had very nice things
to say about the Clearnav not so long ago.
Methinks you are too suspicious.
Cheers
UH
Old October 29th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
126Driver

On Oct 29, 2:29*pm, 126Driver wrote:
Looks like a blatant Craggy Aero advertisement. Any type of hard or
soft compensation involved in this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim Smyth

Yes, I think I am generally more suspicious these days.

I just wonder if a line is crossed when someone on the writing staff
recommends that people go out and buy THESE great gifts for their
favorite pilot.

Cheerio,

Old October 29th 09, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Jim,

I'm a competitor to Craggy Aero. While the article did mention Craggy Aero
products, it has (in past issues) mentioned many of items I sell - such as
Xenotronix battery chargers and the NK ClearNav. I don't mind him
mentioning competitor's products since he has mentioned many I sell in the
past. He seems pretty fair to me so far. I enjoy his column.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old October 29th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
126Driver

"126Driver" wrote in message

Looks like a blatant Craggy Aero advertisement. Any type of hard or
soft compensation involved in this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim Smyth

OK. I then offer my apologies. It must be the cumulative impact of
Iraq, Iran, Acorn, etc.
Old October 29th 09, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

"126Driver" wrote in message

Looks like a blatant Craggy Aero advertisement. Any type of hard or
soft compensation involved in this? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim Smyth

OK. I then offer my apologies. It must be the cumulative impact of
Iraq, Iran, Acorn, etc.

careful, the content police are likely to chime in...............
Old October 30th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Brad wrote:
OK. I then offer my apologies. It must be the cumulative impact of
Iraq, Iran, Acorn, etc.

careful, the content police are likely to chime in...............

And with good reason! Irag, Iran, ....and Acorn? As a problem, it's too
small to even include in the "etc.", when you lead with Iraq and Iran.
But I should probably wait until I see the November issue to understand
the impact.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA