IS-28B2 Twin Lark shock absorber replacement/rebuild

Old July 28th 17, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark shock absorber replacement/rebuild

My Twin Lark (located in West Virginia) needs its shock absorber repaired/overhauled or replaced (it's fully depleted and a nitrogen re-charge did not help). I've received help from others so far, but welcome additional insight, sources, recommendations, etc. on either repairing or replacing this shock absorber quickly. Thanks in advance.

-Brian
Old July 30th 17, 08:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead

On Friday, 28 July 2017 15:11:26 UTC+1, wrote:
My Twin Lark (located in West Virginia) needs its shock absorber repaired/overhauled or replaced (it's fully depleted and a nitrogen re-charge did not help). I've received help from others so far, but welcome additional insight, sources, recommendations, etc. on either repairing or replacing this shock absorber quickly. Thanks in advance.

-Brian

Brian, I obtained a few Blanik shock absorbers in good condition, after the aircraft were scrapped ( mainspar issue). I fitted one to my IS28B2 -Lark quite easily, it only needed the filling valve to be exchanged ( they face in different directions. I would advise using a new copper sealing washer if you do change the valve over). The Lark unit is the same as the Blanik unit, except for this difference.
I suggest you either obtain one similarly. The Blanik dealer in USA ( I have forgotten his name) should be able to provide new seals if you want to refurbish it yourself, though I would ask him to do this for you.
I was offered some new shock absorber units recently, if you wish I can dig out the contact.
Best wishes. Pete
Old July 30th 17, 08:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead

On Friday, 28 July 2017 15:11:26 UTC+1, wrote:
My Twin Lark (located in West Virginia) needs its shock absorber repaired/overhauled or replaced (it's fully depleted and a nitrogen re-charge did not help). I've received help from others so far, but welcome additional insight, sources, recommendations, etc. on either repairing or replacing this shock absorber quickly. Thanks in advance.

-Brian

Brian, some further info. Pacific aerosport can sell you a seal kit. This is the part number for the Blank shock absorber Seal Kit for shock absorber
P/N: 9064N L13.BA-01-
Old August 12th 17, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 10:11:26 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My Twin Lark (located in West Virginia) needs its shock absorber repaired/overhauled or replaced (it's fully depleted and a nitrogen re-charge did not help). I've received help from others so far, but welcome additional insight, sources, recommendations, etc. on either repairing or replacing this shock absorber quickly. Thanks in advance.

-Brian

Hey, can I piggyback on this post please? I have an IS-29 D2 Lark and the shock absorber needs worked on. The rubber donuts are going to need replaced. Anyone know what I can get replacement donuts for the shock? By the way, Peter, I think you helped me out a while back on getting a new life extension on my Lark. Happy to see you're twin still flying!
Jim.
Old October 15th 17, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hey all, I called Blannik USA and they sell a rebuild kit for 500$ I'm thinking of getting one. The L-13 has the same shock absorber then the twin lark. I hope this helps. Unless you're just trying to replace the donuts. I'm in the same predicament with a1977 twin Lark.

Christian
Wurtsboro, NY
Old October 16th 17, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Here are some pictures of the rebuild that my club did a few years back on an L23. You might find it useful. The first go at the rebuild and it didn't hold pressure. We found out some seals were reversed. Keep track of the order of things as you tear it apart! http://aviation.derosaweb.net/#blanik

Best of luck, John