Today I became a co-owner

Old April 4th 05, 06:07 AM
Jack Allison

Default Today I became a co-owner

Well, the saying that the third time is the charm certainly is the case
for me and my two partners. Today, two of us closed the deal on a very
nice '71 Arrow and flew part of the way home. As I write this, I'm in
Farmington, New Mexico. We started the day at Front Range airport in
Colorado. Only made it 150 miles closer to home but this was the best
we could do given the weather conditions and a later afternoon start.

Planning on posting pictures somewhere and more details when I get home
but just wanted to post a quick note to say I'm officially a co-owner.
I got a chance to fly N2104T yesterday and log my first 1.2 hours of
complex time. My second time as PIC will be tomorrow morning.

It's a sweet Arrow. Very nicely maintained and by far the nicest one we
looked at. I don't think it's really sunk in yet. I've been rather
quiet about all of this and things have happened really fast. The ad
popped up in TAP just under two weeks ago and picked up speed quickly.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student-Student Arrow Owner

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old April 4th 05, 07:31 AM
mindenpilot

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations!
Looking forward to hearing more about it when you get back!

Adam
N7966L
Beech Super III

Old April 4th 05, 12:32 PM
Jay Beckman

Jack,

Congrats!

Also looking forward to addtional pictures and descriptons...

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old April 4th 05, 01:05 PM
Jay Honeck

Today, two of us closed the deal on a very nice '71 Arrow and flew part of
the way home.

Way to go, Jack!

We're gonna need all the bloody details (including whatever happened to
Partner Number Three?) -- and pix for the Rogue's Gallery -- when you get
home!

OSH '05 is now a done deal, yes?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 4th 05, 04:08 PM
Mark Hansen

On 4/3/2005 22:07, Jack Allison wrote:

[...]

Congratulations, Jack!

So how do you manage the insurance issues while flying the complex
airplane; Do you have enough time already to satisfy them, or do
you have to pay a higher premium?

Perhaps one of these days, we can meet and I can have a look at
your new baby?

I hope you have a great flight home.

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL
Sacramento, CA
Old April 4th 05, 04:11 PM
Robert A. Barker

"Jack Allison" wrote in message
Well, the saying that the third time is the charm certainly is the case
for me and my two partners. Today, two of us closed the deal on a very
nice '71 Arrow and flew part of the way home.

Jack: Big Congrats and welcome to the owners group.
I will be waiting to read the details.

Bob Barker (Owner) N8749S

Old April 4th 05, 04:26 PM
RST Engineering

Good for you. Now say quietly to yourself a thousand times on the way home,
"The Most Important Thing To Do When I Get Home Is To Figure Out Which End
Of The Wrench Gets Greasy." "The Second Most Important Thing To Do When I
Get Home Is To Find A Mechanic Who Will Point Out The Greasy End To Me And
Tell Me How To Use It."

Jim

Old April 4th 05, 05:29 PM
Jim Burns

Congrats Jack!!! Let us know about the trip home and the airplane just as
soon as you catch your breath!!
Jim

Old April 4th 05, 06:41 PM

Jack Allison wrote:
As I write this, I'm in
Farmington, New Mexico. We started the day at Front Range airport in

Colorado. Only made it 150 miles closer to home but this was the

best
we could do given the weather conditions and a later afternoon start.

Congrats on the new plane. I gotta say I thought it was going to
take you a lot longer to find a good one.

Farmington, NM? I heard the winds were really howling up in the 4
corners area last night. Hope the bird was still there this morning
:-)

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 4th 05, 07:13 PM
houstondan

only one 71-arrow listed on t.a.p. and it's shows a colorado location.
if that's the one, it's very, very nice. i'm sure not an expert but the
listed "opening" price did not seem out of line for the condition and
features. congratulations!

dan