FAA Owner's survey

Old June 12th 08, 02:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

Default FAA Owner's survey

The FAA has been nagging me repeatedly to
fill out their aircraft owner's survey.

Does anyone have a strong opinion either
way as to why I should or should not do it?
Old June 12th 08, 11:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Denny

Does anyone have a strong opinion either
way as to why I should or should not do it?

Don't ask... Don't tell...
Old June 12th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601Xl Builder

Jim Stewart wrote:
The FAA has been nagging me repeatedly to
fill out their aircraft owner's survey.

Does anyone have a strong opinion either
way as to why I should or should not do it?

Kinda like voting though. If you don't voice your opinion when offered
the opportunity you sort of negate your right to bitch about stuff.

What sort of questions are they asking?
Old June 12th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Jim Stewart wrote:
The FAA has been nagging me repeatedly to
fill out their aircraft owner's survey.

Does anyone have a strong opinion either
way as to why I should or should not do it?

I'd be interested to know what kind of info they want. That would
determine whether or not I'd respond to them. Curiously, I've been an
aircraft owner for over 18 yrs. and I've never seen this survey.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old June 12th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Jun 12, 9:51*am, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
The FAA has been nagging me repeatedly to
fill out their aircraft owner's survey.

Does anyone have a strong opinion either
way as to why I should or should not do it?

* I'd be interested to know what kind of info they want. * That would
determine whether or not I'd respond to them. * *Curiously, I've been an
aircraft owner for over 18 yrs. and I've never seen this survey.

Seriously? I get them every 3 years. They want to know how many hours
VFR vs. IFR you fly, etc. I think its so they can determine ATC
staffing. Most people inflate their IFR hours so we don't find a lack
of controllers.

-Robert
Old June 12th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Jim Stewart wrote:
The FAA has been nagging me repeatedly to
fill out their aircraft owner's survey.
Does anyone have a strong opinion either
way as to why I should or should not do it?

I'd be interested to know what kind of info they want. That would
determine whether or not I'd respond to them. Curiously, I've been an
aircraft owner for over 18 yrs. and I've never seen this survey.

Seriously? I get them every 3 years. They want to know how many hours
VFR vs. IFR you fly, etc. I think its so they can determine ATC
staffing. Most people inflate their IFR hours so we don't find a lack
of controllers.

-Robert

You know, I have had my plane since '96 and I do not remember getting a
survey.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old June 12th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Seriously? I get them every 3 years. They want to know how many hours
VFR vs. IFR you fly, etc. I think its so they can determine ATC
staffing. Most people inflate their IFR hours so we don't find a lack
of controllers.

Maybe the reason is that I'm not instrument rated. All my hours are VFR.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old June 12th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article 8594e7d6209f4@uwe, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe
wrote:

Seriously? I get them every 3 years. They want to know how many hours
VFR vs. IFR you fly, etc. I think its so they can determine ATC
staffing. Most people inflate their IFR hours so we don't find a lack
of controllers.

Maybe the reason is that I'm not instrument rated. All my hours are VFR.

I'm instrument rated (since 1990), had my airplane since 1994, and have
never seen an owner's survey from the FAA.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old June 12th 08, 11:46 PM
rotor&wing rotor&wing is offline
Member

Location: florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gig 601Xl Builder View Post
Jim Stewart wrote:[color=blue][i]

What sort of questions are they asking?
They want all sorts of personal info that they have no legal right to know.

Throw it in the garbage.
Old June 13th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Jun 12, 2:46*pm, Bob Noel
wrote:

* Maybe the reason is that I'm not instrument rated. *All my hours are VFR.

I'm instrument rated (since 1990), had my airplane since 1994, and have
never seen an owner's survey from the FAA.

Maybe a random sample???? I wonder if it could be because I
incorporated my plane. I know the local FBO says they get the form for
each of their planes.

-Robert

Owner's poll Mxsmanic Piloting 35 October 29th 06 01:09 AM
1966 Owner's Manual scupper79 Piloting 5 February 9th 05 01:41 AM
Owner's right to maintenance records? jls General Aviation 15 January 24th 05 11:18 PM
Owner's right to maintenance records? jls Owning 0 January 20th 05 01:57 PM
Owner's insurance in NJ mikem Owning 6 August 4th 03 12:33 AM