Instructor Rates?

Old September 7th 03, 10:42 PM
david whitley

Default Instructor Rates?

I've been flying Boeings for the past 35 years and been "out of the market".
What are CFI's/CFII's getting these days?

Old September 7th 03, 11:02 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
david whitley wrote:
I've been flying Boeings for the past 35 years and been "out of the market".
What are CFI's/CFII's getting these days?

Around here the *cost* is $30-35/hr, sometimes more for air/less for
ground, sometimes more for "advanced" instruction. How much of that
goes to the instructors probably varies quite a bit more.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old September 8th 03, 12:02 AM
Dan Luke

"david whitley" wrote:
I've been flying Boeings for the past 35 years and
been "out of the market".
What are CFI's/CFII's getting these days?

Independent CFI's in Mobile are getting $25-35/hour.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old September 8th 03, 12:20 AM
Craig Prouse

http://www.wvfc.org/instructors.html

Old September 8th 03, 04:52 AM
Tony

In the high desert of socal CFI's at the local FBO get $20 an hour.
KAPV

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old September 27th 03, 04:25 AM
David Hill

david whitley wrote:
I've been flying Boeings for the past 35 years and been "out of the market".
What are CFI's/CFII's getting these days?

At the local airport (KAJR) instructions costs $25/hr.

At American Air Flight Training at KPDK (Atlanta area) instruction
starts at $57/hr for Private instruction and goes up to $95/hr for the
senior flight instructor.

--
David Hill
david at hillREMOVETHISfamily.org

Old September 27th 03, 01:07 PM
paul k. sanchez

caution... don't pay $50-90 dollars per hour for instruction..

BT

Ok, I give up. Why the caution and admonition of "don't pay $50-90 per hour for
instruction". Can you please elaborate on your warning? Surely you must have
some very concrete evidence to warrant such a caution.

paul k. sanchez, cfii-mei
on eagles’ wings
2011 south perimeter road, suite g
fort lauderdale, florida 33309-7135
305-389-1742 wireless
954-776-0527 fax
954-965-8329 home/fax

Old September 28th 03, 05:28 AM
BTIZ

paul... a simple "tongue and cheek" comment to not overspend above a common
rate... but obviously I hit a sore bone there..

why would someone pay twice to three times to going rate. I would tend to
doubt that the quality of instruction is that much better.
bt

Old September 28th 03, 05:40 AM
paul k. sanchez

paul... a simple "tongue and cheek" comment to not overspend above a common
rate... but obviously I hit a sore bone there..

why would someone pay twice to three times to going rate. I would tend to

doubt that the quality of instruction is that much better.
bt

BT:
I guess you have a good point. What is the going rate? Call a Flight Safety
Learning Center and ask them about getting an initial Malibu JetProp training
course (insurance approved by underwriters), and be sure to emphasize that you
don't want to pay "more than the going rate".

You could also call Simcom about their initial training courses for the Pilatus
PC12, Socata TBM700, MU-2, Cessna 300/400 series, King Air 90/100/200/350
series. And again you could specify that you don't want to pay "more than the
going rate".

A very relative question as to what the "going rate" is. I always thought it
was directly related to what the instructor is trying to acomplish. By the way
most facilities that do the software training on aircraft systems or do the
aircraft initial and recurrency courses (again isurance underwriter approved),
we run about $700 to $1,200/day. Is that the going rate that you had in mind?
Wish you well.

Fly safe by knowing what safe is.