ID Please

Old June 27th 09, 03:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Michael[_8_]

Default ID Please

"OldFlanker" wrote in message
"Michael" a écrit dans le message de news:

"OldFlanker" wrote in message
P2V Neptune.
R Canadian AF ?

"Michael" a écrit dans le message de
Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size
of pictures. TIA Michael

Thanks, yes they are Neptunes but US ones. Thanks to all that
replied
Michael

Excuse me, I know now this Antartic squadron

Ok I'm not trying to argue, I'm no real expert, but if you look at picture
#1537, The aircraft on the left appears to have US markings.
Thats what I was going on

Michael

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marking.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	36263
Old June 27th 09, 04:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Michael[_8_]

"Michael" wrote in message
.. .

"Bob (not my real pseudonym)" wrote in message
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 19:26:51 +1200, "Michael"
wrote:

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size of pictures. TIA

Michael

These are LP-2J Neptunes operated by Antarctic Development Squadron
Six (VXE-6).

Image 1536 also shows a C-54Q and C-121J operated by the same folks.

More on VXE-6 - http://www.vaq34.com/vxe6/vxe6aircraft.htm

Neat stuff!

Bob ^,,^

Thanks Bob, Thats exactly what they will be. They were taken at Harewood
Airport, (Now Christchurch International Airport) Christchurch, New
Zealand probably in the late 50's early 60's. Operation Deep Freeze ran
from that field. A friend sent them to me along with some pictures of a
Connie and a couple of Globemasters. I might see if I can get the
originals off him and clean them up and do some new scans

Michael

Heavens, OOps again. Having had another look at the photos, they do seem to
have been taken at Wigram Airbase as the VXE-6 site says thats where they
were based. Christchurch had two airfields in those days. Wigram, which was
the Airforce base and Harewood which is still the commercial base. The
Airforce base has been closed and sold off but there is still some of the
hangars there and an Airforce Museum.

Harewood used to also house Deep Freeze in the late 60's and 70's and I
remember there was a large Hangar which could be seen from the road with
VX-6 or VXE-6 painted in huge letters on the end. Deep Freeze was a combined
Naval/Air Force thing. Damn, how did I get into all this :-)

Michael

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old June 27th 09, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
OldFlanker

"Michael" a écrit dans le message de news:

"OldFlanker" wrote in message
"Michael" a écrit dans le message de
"OldFlanker" wrote in message
P2V Neptune.
R Canadian AF ?

"Michael" a écrit dans le
message de news:

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about
size of pictures. TIA Michael

Thanks, yes they are Neptunes but US ones. Thanks to all
that replied
Michael

Excuse me, I know now this Antartic squadron

Ok I'm not trying to argue, I'm no real expert, but if you
look at picture #1537, The aircraft on the left appears to
have US markings. Thats what I was going on

Michael

Tks, but y have old eyes.

Old June 27th 09, 04:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default ID Please - 1538-detail.jpg (1/1) [23K]

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:26:51 +0100, Michael wrote
(in article ):

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size of pictures. TIA

But can anyone identify the contents of this nose?

And that is a question I never thought I'd ask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1538-detail.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	36264
Old June 27th 09, 05:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

"Michael" wrote in

OOps, I meant Hercs not Globemasters Bob.

Right in one Herc.. Except that the aircraft in 1716.jpg
is not a Herc, but a C-133 CargoMaster
Old June 27th 09, 06:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mr Bill

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 16:23:15 +0100, Netko wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:26:51 +0100, Michael wrote
(in article ):

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size of pictures. TIA

But can anyone identify the contents of this nose?

And that is a question I never thought I'd ask.

don't know about the aircraft, but it does look like 'Ursela' in the bomb seat
- See the US movie "Super Troopers" by Broken Lizard for more info.

Please take out the DAWGS for e-mail adress
Old June 27th 09, 06:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Michael[_8_]

"John Szalay" wrote in message
42...
"Michael" wrote in

OOps, I meant Hercs not Globemasters Bob.

Right in one Herc.. Except that the aircraft in 1716.jpg
is not a Herc, but a C-133 CargoMaster

Thank you John. Hell I never realized this was going to be so complicated.
As I said I'm not that knowledgeable which is why I came to where I knew the
experts are :-)
Many thanks to all of you that responded.

Michael

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old June 27th 09, 06:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Szalay

"Michael" wrote in
n but a C-133 CargoMaster

Thank you John. Hell I never realized this was going to be so
complicated. As I said I'm not that knowledgeable which is why I came
to where I knew the experts are :-)
Many thanks to all of you that responded.

Michael

Not a problem, not many folks have ever seen the C-133.

If you get the original slides and clean them up, would love to see
a high-rez version of the both the Herc and the C-133.
can,t read the serial numbers in the ones you already put up..

Thanks...
Old June 27th 09, 07:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rabbit McCroolick[_2_]

Uzytkownik "Netko" napisal w wiadomosci
x.com...
On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:26:51 +0100, Michael wrote
(in article ):

Could someone ID these aircraft please. Sorry about size of pictures. TIA

But can anyone identify the contents of this nose?

And that is a question I never thought I'd ask.

Lockheed P-2 Neptune

http://www.military-aircraft.org.uk/...2h-neptune.jpg

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/2557756.jpg

Old June 27th 09, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Rabbit McCroolick[_2_]

U¿ytkownik "Rabbit McCroolick" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci

A content in the nose is sex doll