Marfa 1969 & 1970 Photos Online

Old April 14th 13, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default Marfa 1969 & 1970 Photos Online

Thanks to Steve Leonard, I've been able to upload photos taken by his
father at the 1969 Marfa National Championships and the 1970 Marfa
World Soaring Championships. Thanks Steve, for allowing me to post
these beautiful photos to the Public.

2C

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49579078@N03/
Old April 14th 13, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Fantastic! Next best thing to a time machine.

Evan Ludeman / T8
Old April 14th 13, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

My favorite photo is Ben Greene's trailer. Talk about a guy who was
ahead of his time.

2C

Old April 14th 13, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_2_]

On Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:01:37 PM UTC-7, Kevin Christner wrote:
Thanks to Steve Leonard, I've been able to upload photos taken by his

father at the 1969 Marfa National Championships and the 1970 Marfa

World Soaring Championships. Thanks Steve, for allowing me to post

these beautiful photos to the Public.

2C

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49579078@N03/

Kevin & Steve,

Thanks for doing all the work to get these out to the public. Great stuff.

Craig
Old April 14th 13, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

On Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:44:22 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
My favorite photo is Ben Greene's trailer. Talk about a guy who was
ahead of his time.
2C

A friend bought a second-generation Ben Greene trailer with a full clamshell top. A great piece of craftsmanship, with modern dollies, a ramp, captive quick release pins for securing stuff, etc. It was a Komet 10 years before there were Komets. I believe it's still housing an LS4 today.

P3