Air compressor question

Old October 6th 03, 02:50 AM
Peter Dohm

The resistance is very low, and the load highly inductive, until the wires
heat up. It doesn't take long, in human terms; but it could be too long
for the inverted unless adiquate protective circuits are designed in.

Peter

Richard Lamb wrote:

wmbjk wrote:

For yuks I just picked up the topmost HF catalog from my stack of 17 (I
threw out the ones from last week). I knew there'd be something
brainless on the cover. Sure enough, a $70, 600W inverter featuring the
"latest sine-wave technology" that can run "compressors" and "toasters"
among other things. Certainly you need the latest sine waves for
toasters. :-)

Wayne

Actually, isn't a toaster something of a challenge for an inverter?

Mine basically said not to use for any kind of heating device.

(Nearly pure resistive load?)

Richard

--
Catbird Realty Phone: 561-395-0055