Looking for a Spherical / Oval Shaped Aircraft

Old May 25th 11, 02:35 AM
SubPop79 SubPop79 is offline
Junior Member

Default Looking for a Spherical / Oval Shaped Aircraft

Hello everyone!

This is my very first thread on here, so please forgive an ignorance I may exhibit.The reason I made this thread was to find out if there are any aircraft in existence that are circular or oval shaped and are not weather balloons. Please do not call me crazy, a kook, wingnut or whatever. I am trying to keep a rational mind regarding an aircraft that I saw a few days ago that left me confused.

P.S. Please don't say it was a UFO.

- Matt
Old May 25th 11, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
SubPop79 wrote:

Hello everyone!

This is my very first thread on here, so please forgive an ignorance I
may exhibit.The reason I made this thread was to find out if there are
any aircraft in existence that are circular or oval shaped and are not
weather balloons. Please do not call me crazy, a kook, wingnut or
whatever. I am trying to keep a rational mind regarding an aircraft that
I saw a few days ago that left me confused.

P.S. Please don't say it was a UFO.

- Matt

Well, if you can't identify it, it HAS to be, by definition, a UFO!

This does not mean, however, that you saw an alien craft -- only that
the flying object you saw is unidentified.
Old May 26th 11, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Bug Dout

SubPop79 writes:

This is my very first thread on here, so please forgive an ignorance I
may exhibit.The reason I made this thread was to find out if there are
any aircraft in existence that are circular or oval shaped and are not
weather balloons. Please do not call me crazy, a kook, wingnut or
whatever. I am trying to keep a rational mind regarding an aircraft that
I saw a few days ago that left me confused.

Maybe it was the "Flying Guppy", made by...Airbus?
--
Mythology is what we call someone else's religion.
~ Joseph Campbell

Cigar shaped UFO's Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 2 February 15th 10 03:49 PM
Need a box shaped nosebowl DonMorrisey Home Built 9 February 6th 10 03:56 AM
U shaped wings Hul Tytus Home Built 15 January 8th 10 10:46 AM
"ARMY ONE" Nixon Presidential Helicopter--Official Oval Plate deerf Aviation Photos 0 February 23rd 08 11:00 PM
Triangle shaped ice/frost on the wing - anyone seen this? Nathan Young Piloting 9 December 7th 05 11:15 PM